Aa membership - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 23-09-18, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Aa membership

I am thinking of joining AA and wondered whether I could get some discount being a member of the club. Any info appreciated
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 24-09-18, 07:03 AM

Garage
The administrator DAN comes up with some discounts on certain products like GAP insurance, but not seen anything on breakdown services, you could contact him (contact details bottom of forum).

Note: Some banks like Lloyds, TSB and others (if you are a customer) do discounts for the AA, check with your bank if they do this.

Also check out for any on-line deals regarding AA, RAC and Green Flag.

I used to be with the AA for decades, but they got far too dear for me, and now with Green Flag who were doing a deal last year.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 25-09-18, 10:59 AM

Another to consider is GEM. Last year when the AA and RAC were playing silly beggars with pricing I did a Google and GEM came up as a good consideration. Both my Wife and are disabled and the RAC used to have one for old G*ts like us. GEM however came up with I think Ł109 to cover all eventualities. Unlike the others GEM do it by Drivers so I had to add my Wife as an extra, it wasn't much. I have not called them out and now that we have a Motability car RAC is included in the agreement.
Good luck in your hunt but don't go without because one stop on the motorway will cost more than membership of anyone.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 26-09-18, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

AA membership

At the moment I am covered by Ford 's AA policy due to the annual service.
it may be cheaper to go for the annual service from Ford dealer, since I get a years cover.
I am looking at other options,so that the servicing can be carried out by a non Ford garage.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 28-09-18, 10:02 AM

Honda did and may well still do a similar deal. When we bought the Honda it was 4 yrs old and came with a 2 yr free servicing deal which included free MOT, the 'top' AA package including foreign travel. Yes I know it was all in the purchase price. When that ended I elected to have the car serviced at my local garage. By going with GEM and the local garage doing the service and MOT I was slightly out of pocket BUT I knew the work had been done properly, I did not have to travel a 60 mile round trip.
Reading the Honda forums at the time of ownership I noted that the servicing deal was at the whim of the the dealer so it varied. If you are on a fixed price service deal which includes breakdown you will have to do the sums to see if changing is worthwhile. If your Ecosport is still within warranty be careful about changing, Honda were a bit sticky about the warranty if servicing was done elsewhere by a non Honda garage..After I believe a court case, Honda had to relax a little but manufacturers are big boys and taking them on in a court case would not be for the average man.

Now that I have gone the Motabilty route servicing RAC Insurance etc is no longer my concern. Looking at some of the PFP deals on offer my deal seems to pretty competitive BUT you have to be disabled to get it.
Everything has a price. Good hunting.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-19, 01:35 PM

Garage
Recently bought an ex-demonstrator facelift 2019 Ecosport 1.0 petrol, and it came with one years free Ford roadside assistance, so I timed it well as my existing roadside assistance with green flag was ending.

So if you are considering a secondhand Ford or an Ex-demonstrator from the FORD dealer you do get roadside assistance thrown in

I noticed later on the website it does say 12 months or 24 months, so not sure if the 24 months is for more expensive Fords, and the Ecosport is just one years cover LOL. Anyway I am happy to get the one years cover for free.

PS...New Ecosports also come with a free roadside assistance package, (just saying in case a new owner needs to know).

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page