Hi, Newbie from Aberdeenshire - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-19, 02:34 AM Thread Starter

Hi, Newbie from Aberdeenshire

Recently bought a 2015 1.5 petrol titanium auto, 6k on the clock, problem was that it was juddering when moving off, Ford updated software, now idles at 1200rpm and is juddering again. Anyone experienced this before. Thanks in advance. Colin
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-19, 06:03 AM

Garage
Hi and welcome Colin. Yet another Colin in Scotland, popular name, this will be confusing, he he

I have got a 2016 model with the 1.5 petrol engine, but with manual box so cannot help you there with auto. The 1.5 engine is really good at pulling, quite powerful, lots of torque, though not that many bought it, as they wanted the newer designed 1.0 three cylinder engine. I went for the 1.5 petrol as our company car at the time had the same engine, and I liked it. You would get around 42 MPG on average in the manual box, so take 2 MPG off for auto, you should get around 40 MPG.

Right lets talk about your juddering problem...
First...Check all engine and gearbox mounts are not worn causing juddering.
Secondly..Its could then be the autobox itself with shuddering or slipping...
http://transmissionrepairguy.com/tor...rter-problems/

You need to take your car back to the place where you bought it for further investigation. As you do not want to live with that problem. Cheers ColinJYD.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-19, 11:13 AM

When we ordered the Ecosport, I asked if the auto box was in fact an auto box and I was assured it was. Why I asked the question was prior to considering the Ecosport or other Ford I read up on them as we needed an auto. I do not wish to be a harbinger of doom but the earlier Ecosports I was given to understand had the Ford 'Powerdrive?' it is a semi automated box and Fords have had considerable problems with it it.
I could be wrong about what it is called but all I know is has cost Ford a lot.
May I suggest you read up on the transmission fitted to your car and then go back to the dealer. If my memory serves me correctly the problem is caused by oil getting onto the 'clutch' plates from the gearbox. Here I will say my memory is not what it should be. VW have a similar idea with their DSG clutches.
Whatever you do make sure the dealer doesn't try and slide out of his responsibilities. If I am correct then Ford are aware of the problem and there was class action in Australia over Ford hiding the truth.. If in doubt use the unfit for purpose clause but don't leave it. because of time. However in Scotland you might have different consumer law to England, often better,

Hope all goes well.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-19, 11:21 AM

Sorry I should have read up about it first it is a Powershift and according to what I have read unfortunately the symptoms you have, suggest a clutch problem. This is a problem for the dealer however he might wriggle.As it involves the transmission being taken out.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-19, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Hi, and thanks for your replies, called Parks of Elgin (they did the software update), they will👍👍 be taking the car back next week to replace the clutch and the garage it was purchased from have no option to accept this and give us a loan car until it's repaired, Happy Days 👍👍
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-19, 09:00 PM

Garage
Good, at least you know what the problem is and getting it sorted

You will really like the 1.5 petrol version, I can vouch for that, having driven mine two and a half years now
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-19, 10:10 AM

Good result at least the firm you are dealing with appear reputable.
Hope that is all you need, having a 2018 Ecosport I have to admit I think the vehicle is excellent and clearly ColinYPD likes his.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 29-05-19, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Hi, just an update, juddering reoccurred, Parks of Elgin couldn't find a fault so reset all the clutch/gearbox values, drove home, no problems, now 3 weeks later it is juddering worse, according to the garage we purchased it from, ford have extended warranty on certain parts and control unit on gearboxes for 5 years, it is going back to ford next week to get fully repaired

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page