Hi all - Page 2 - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-06-19, 12:39 PM

Last April (18) we decided to go the Motability route and went to our local Ford dealer in Plymouth.Part of a very large multi make dealership. My Wife wanted a white one and we settled on a Titanium Auto. We were told autos were scarce BUT they had a white one in one of the branches. On May 10th we picked the car up, having paid an upfront payment for the Titanium spec and auto. The white although an extra was free and there was a problem in that the car was fitted with the comfort pack. As Motability would not pay for this we were confronted with a 500 charge. However, they took pity on two old f*rts and this was considerably reduced. The car had 60 miles on the clock and might well have been one pulled from the demo stock. Motability have vehicles at no up front payments but they tend to be basic models.
Obviously the Auto question is still a thorny one, probably more especially the ST Line.
I can only suggest if you really want the car you keep pestering the dealer OR you could always enquire about a Titanuim Auto they might be a little more available. I think we were lucky with the time scale but IMHO the vehicle is worth the wait.
Good luck
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-06-19, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Hi my car was a ford direct car with 850miles on the clock,You save a lot money that way
Yours George
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-06-19, 04:06 PM

Garage
Hi Rexleroy and terry3dy welcome to the forum. I have a 2016 Ecosport I bought new and it took just 8 weeks if I remember from the Indian factory to make and ship it over to the UK, but now the new facelift Ecosports for the UK are made in Europe so no idea how long the waiting list is. Sorry about that terry3fy, maybe someone else waiting will tell you the average number of weeks to deliver, but over 10 weeks seems a lot.

Every time i go into a Ford dealership now. they have plenty new Ecosports there in the showroom, all trim levels. So if anyone is willing to buy an already made one on the spot, there will be no waiting list. My own local dealership had about four new ones, and two demonstrators. I would not want to wait long for a car.

Recleroy, I intend to do what you have done when going for another Ecosport soon, I will get one with low mileage, as there are plenty demonstrators available, to save thousands on the list price, and pay what I would think of as a more realistic price. The new Ecosport is well overpriced now.(my own opinion)

When I bought mine in 2016 they were around 16k to 17k new, I bought the base Ecotec trim model at just over 16k, but now they want over the 20k mark for what is a small SUV and I am not willing to pay that. Going by internet websites like Autotrader, Ebay, and Ford 'nearly new' website, there are plenty pre-reg Ecosports available, some with no mileage or very low mileage available, and I will go for that. Another option if you are willing to travel is car discount websites like CarWow, where usually the cheapest discount offer is at the other end of the country, but I have bought many previous cars a long distance away, if the price is right, as you can get service and repairs at your local dealership, no matter where you buy the car

Last edited by colinJYD; 09-06-19 at 04:10 PM.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-19, 04:04 AM

I believe they're made in Rumania these days. We had to wait about 2 months.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 14-06-19, 06:41 PM

We ordered our ecosport on 30th April and picked it up on 7th June terry3fy

It is a Titanium auto in blue with BLIS, front sensors, 18" wheels, moonroof & comfort pack. We only wanted BLIS but to get an early delivery we accepted the extras as well.

Very happy with it so far although not sure the front sensors are working correctly as they keep going even in park when I think they should stop??
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 15-06-19, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Hi they should stop after 30 to 60 seconds
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 19-06-19, 11:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyford View Post
.....and there was a problem in that the car was fitted with the comfort pack. As Motability would not pay for this we were confronted with a 500 charge. (Heated seats and heated steering wheel)
What I laugh at is Ford states...

The Ford EcoSport has been created with your comfort & convenience in mind

Now what if you do not buy the comfort pack or the convenience pack, does that make the advertising should really read as follows...

The Ford EcoSport has been created with NO comfort & NO convenience in mind

This brings me on to one of my frumps about new cars, and you even see an advert on the TV about cars giving you no extras as standard, but it gets worse.

When my wife bought her new 453 Smart car, even seat adjustment and steering wheel adjustment is now an extra, which was always standard before, and is 400 extra called 'the comfort pack'. what

I told the sales guy we aint buying the car and going to walk, unless it comes with seat adjustment, so he poggled the figures to put the comfort pack in, no charge. its getting to be a crazy car world now.

Last edited by colinJYD; 19-06-19 at 11:54 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page