Hi all - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 16-05-19, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

Hi all

Hi my name is George I am 79years young.Pick up my eco sports car in two weeks
This will be my final car.Ive owned many cars 🚗 over the years.i have chosen automatic gearbox.
The best car I've owned way Fiesta vignale
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 17-05-19, 10:11 AM

Well done. Ours is a Titanium Auto and I think its a little cracker. Don't believe the quoted fuel figures ours returns about 37 to the gallon but that is both town and open road driving. Be careful of the throttle because the little devil will fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 17-05-19, 10:38 AM

Garage
Hi George, it might not be your final car if you win the lottery, then you can have a fleet of cars LOL.

Anyway, you have picked a good one, you will enjoy your Ecosport, and remember to put some photos up

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 28-05-19, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexleroy View Post
Hi my name is George I am 79years young.Pick up my eco sports car in two weeks
This will be my final car.Ive owned many cars 🚗 over the years.i have chosen automatic gearbox.
The best car I've owned way Fiesta vignale

Report back on the auto box, my wife has one and whilst I don`t want to rain on your parade I would be very interested to hear your views.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 29-05-19, 05:59 AM

Our experiences with auto boxes starts with a Mitsibushi Colt, bought as my Wife found it easier than a manual box. Then it was Citroen ZX Volcane, rather quick but again only a 3 speed auto. That was replaced with my Wife's favourite a Rover 45 V6 with auto box, that went due to the box playing up ( it now seems was the fault of a dodgy fluid change by a garage) and was replaced by a Honda Jazz EX with I shift ( manual box with electronic clutch and gear change) My Wife hated it. Last year as we needed something taller to get into we plumped for the Ecosport Titanium last May.
I like the Ford auto box, gear changes are in the main smooth.This is a proper auto box not the dual clutch powershift that has caused Ford and others headaches. I have only used the sport mode a couple of times and the flappy paddles ( which the Jazz had) I think once. The sport mode certainly gives a longer change between gears and to be honest just leaving it to get on with it in D gives all that I need. I think I have commented on the fact that the set up with the software gives engine braking down steep hills by changing down. The only downside is the fuel consumption BUT with an auto box and torque converter there is always a loss in economy.
I hope this helps. I have driven an awful lot of cars in my driving years and whilst the motoring press are still in love with the VAG people and still rubbish the Ecosport, I think the Ecosport ticks many boxes to our liking.If HM Government allows me another licence ( the old three year jobby) at the age of 79 and Motability's insurers allow it then this one will probably be replaced by another Ecosport. I don't think its replacement is due until 2022.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 29-05-19, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for explaining your knowledge about the ecosport.Im the same age as you,I had the fiesta vignale with automatic and found it very lively. I cannot wait till I get the ecosport should be about a week or two.This will be my last car 🚗
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-06-19, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

Picked up my ecosport on the 3 June,First impressions very good.The auto gear box is very smooth and lively for such a small engine.It has all the extras bliss front and rear parking censors heated seats and steering wheel.
The seating position is excellent,The front parking censors are not working need to take it back to find the cause.my only gripe boot opening to the side and no spare wheel.But overall a excellent car 🚗 or suv 😄
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-06-19, 06:45 AM

Delighted that you find the Ecosport as I reported. Nothing worse than say this and another finds its that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you have run it in you will find it very willing.

As an aside I had to go to a Hospital some 30 miles away. Everything is this sort of distance and due to circumstances beyond my control found that my allowing plenty of time was swallowed up by a Forage Harvester. 10 mph no chance to overtake as behind the Harvester was a Bin lorry. which blocked any forward sight. No I wasn't tail gating. Narrow road with high hedges. Well eventually a chance and so selected sport and put my foot down. I really do not know what these motoring press people expect but that little 1 ltr was off like a rocket.

What I will add, the seats have been criticised for no lateral support. They gripped my b*m petty well. The steering is this that and the other. Rubbish I felt in control and the brakes are superb. Unfortunately like many parts of the UK our roads are not built for making up time But the Ecsoport as far as I am concerned did the job admirably.

Yes I am a Ford convert.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-06-19, 11:00 AM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexleroy View Post
Picked up my ecosport on the 3 June,First impressions very good.The auto gear box is very smooth and lively for such a small engine.It has all the extras bliss front and rear parking censors heated seats and steering wheel.
The seating position is excellent,The front parking censors are not working need to take it back to find the cause.my only gripe boot opening to the side and no spare wheel.But overall a excellent car 🚗 or suv 😄
Hi
I have an Ecosport ST Line auto on order,so far I have been waiting 19 weeks !...How long did you wait for you Ecosport please ?
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-06-19, 11:09 AM

Hi Everyone,just joined the forum..
Can anyone enlighten me on average delivery time for a new Ecosport.I have an ST-Line Auto on order from January 23.2019 (coming up 20 weeks and still no firm date for delivery)
Thanks in advance.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page