New owner - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 18-05-19, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

New owner

Hi
Picking up a 2019 Ecosport ST-Line 1.5 petrol ecoboost (125PS) in Magnetic on Tuesday, its for my wife mostly not myself.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 25-05-19, 03:45 PM

Time is dragging for us - we pick ours up on 8th June.
Then in July we'll be taking it on a long trip across France to my wife's auntie in the Jura..

It's about 520 miles from here and it will be a good opportunity for us to get to know the car. Really looking forward to that.
I'm also curious to see what the change in insurance premium will be as we're switching from a Tiguan 2.0 TDI to a 1.0 litre petrol Ecosport..
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 25-05-19, 07:41 PM

Garage
Hi Geoff, the insurance in UK for a Volkswagen 2.0 TDI is group 16'

The 1.0 petrol ecotech 100PS or 120PS Ecosport is group 13

The Titanium Ecosport (and Titanium Lux Pack) 1.5 EcoBlue TDCi 125PS AWD (10/2017 on) is group 16.

We no longer get the 1.5 petrol in the uK, though i have the 1.5 petrol 2016 model and its group 10.

So your going from 16 to 13, so should be a saving assuming France use similar insurance groups.

Last edited by colinJYD; 25-05-19 at 07:49 PM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 27-05-19, 03:04 AM

Thanks for that Colin - I'll post here if there's a significant reduction in premium.
I've only seen 2 on the road here since we ordered the car in April.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-19, 01:58 AM

We picked up our little beauty (Titanium with the 1.0 petrol 125bhp engine) on Saturday afternoon.. The dealer provided me with a English handbook too - all 356 pages of it!
I have a question that I hope someone will have an answer to - and that is I thought there was an automatic brake function that stopped the car rolling forwards or backwards when stopped at traffic lights or whatever. Have I imagined this?
Also, the dealer configured the car with FordPass via my wife's phone. Having seen the connectivity of this, we'll be uninstalling it asap. Maybe the capability is useful for those who work and need internet access but we're free of all that. Plus finding my car has never been a problem! Neither of us will lose any sleep over being deprived of internet access in the car.
I love the look of this car - it's got a real cobby shape. We took it into Spain yesterday to fill it up with petrol and I enjoyed the power characteristics of this little engine up and down the hills. It feels like a six.
The only note of criticism came from my wife who thought the ride wasn't as comfortable as its predecessor (a Tiguan).
I'll be exploring the cruise control today - the speed limiter function being a very useful addition.
I found the odd-shaped small storage space under the central armrest.. and removing the small liner exposes a bigger space. Curious!
All in all - very happy.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-19, 04:22 AM

Presuming yours is new, wait till it's done a few miles and then you will find it is rather enthusiatic! As to the brake hold it is fitted to ours BUT it is an automatic. The connection with a phone, we do not have as my Wife has only the simplest of mobiles. Interestingly, reading the handbook as I do when waiting for my other half. On the question of this auto emergency calling it says, the battery on the car could be damaged and therefore it wont work. The mobile phone could be thrown out of the window on impact and therefore no connection can be made and so on. Begs the question when will it work? All this technology and the simplest of things can rodger it up. As to the ride, it is a lot softer than a Honda Jazz.

An example of the vagueries of an accident. I dealt with an accident, head on between a Jaguar and an 1100. The 1100 was minding its own business and on the correct side of the road. A very young baby on the back seat in a carry cot and husband and wife up front. An eye witness stated the wife went backwards and forwards like a yo yo through the screen and the seat belt saved her she had a few scratches .Her husband was trapped by the wheel arch coming back into the cabin. The point of this, when we were clearing up, I found the Wife's wedding ring in the gutter some distance from the impact. The Baby according to the eye witness didn't move and was still asleep
Point of the tale, if a wedding ring.can come off a finger and be projected some distance, how far can a mobile phone travel and heaven help some one if they happen to be in the way. A mobile phone in projectile mode can do an awful lot of damage and aint much good to a car occupant wanting an automatic connection in an emergency.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-19, 05:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyford View Post
.... A mobile phone in projectile mode can do an awful lot of damage and aint much good to a car occupant wanting an automatic connection in an emergency.
This goes double for a spacesaver or full sized spare in the boot, that will not fit in the boot well, assuming there is a boot well. I would advise ensuring the spare is tied down with thick nylon rope to secure fixings.

PS...a lot of cars now do not have a place for a spare, unlike my 2016 Ecosport with the full sized spare on the rear door.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-19, 10:30 AM

Excellent advice. Many people do not appreciate how dangerous loose articles are when lying in a car un secured. The favourite being the rear parcel shelf. Even a plastic cup can give a nasty injury. We all hope we will not ever be involved in a collision even a fender bender is quite disheartening apart from the immediate thought of cost. I was in a car that was rammed, I am sorry to say the injury I received is gradually worsening, I only say this as young people especially think because they have got away with no injury in an accident, that is the end of it. It's not. Old age tends to aggravate whatever was done.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page