Yet another new owner - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-07-19, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Yet another new owner

Hi everyone. Just purchased a new Ecosport ST line. My first Ford for some 15 years, having driven a number of Suzuki models. Very impressed with the cars performance, although the fuel consumption is only 37mpg. May improve as the engine loosens up. One niggle I have is in regard to the ugly inside edge of the roof rails, surely Ford could have an optional extra of a cover to hide the plastic lugs as not all of us want a roof rack.
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-07-19, 05:08 AM

Garage
Hi and welcome to the forum. I have older 2016 Ecosport. I wish i could help you with knowing the real on the road MPG of the 1.0 three cylinder petrol engine on the facelift model, but on the older Ecosport (facelift came in on 2017) they were getting between 35 MPG and around 44 MPG at best, depending on their driving and which type of roads they drive, motorway / country A and B roads..

We know the Government figures of MPG were based on ideal test figures and are way higher than reality, giving a false reading of fuel economy. The EU are coming out (have come out) with a new method of calculating MPG that should be more realistic to 'on the road' driving. Not seen it in car adverting yet, as Car Manufacturers like to show their cars have great fuel economy, even if it not quite what owners expect

I am sure others on here with the 1.0 facelift model will soon give you their MPG for comparison.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page