Hi Everyone! - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 30-07-19, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Hi Everyone!

Hello Everyone, system outage at work, decided to look for car stuff, came across this forum, and here I am!

37ish years old from Perth, Western Australia. I have had a 2017 Ecosport Trend 1.5 Auto from new. I don't do a lot of driving, but occasionally have to go soft road, so while the Ecosport isn't 4x4, its light weight makes up for it.

Fitted the usual stuff to the car, roof racks, bonnet protector, skid plate (went with the plastic genuine ford skid plate, opposed to the steel aftermarket ones available, purely for the weight). Oh, and put some nice chunky tyres on it to help with the dirt/gravel/wet (as in slightly flooded) roads. If anyone cares, the tyres are Goodride SL369, which seemed to have the most rugged tread pattern without having to replace the wheels as well.

Anyway, Hi!
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 31-07-19, 05:06 AM

Garage
Hi Dave and welcome to the forum

You seem to have really beefed up your Ecosport to get to the places other cars do not reach

Over here in the UK our big adventure is getting a 'safe' car park space in a supermarket, so not to get any dents in the panels by mad motorists along side opening their doors fast without thinking, or getting a supermarket trolley ding. Grrh!

I see you have the 1.5 auto, is that the petrol or the diesel? I have the 2016 1.5 petrol which they have now done away with here in the UK, in favour of the 1.0, as the 1.5 was old zetec technology. But i like it.

Most here buy the 1.0 three cylinder petrol, and it seems powerful enough according to the owners. So any questions just fire away, and we will attempt to help if we can. Cheers Colin.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-19, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Colin!

It's bizarre that the Australian and UK versions are so differently optioned, considering they all come out of India! We didn't get a diesel option in 2017 (actually I just had a look, still looks like we don't.) I think the USA got a 4WD version which would have been nice, but Ford Australia aren't the greatest, unfortunately, and could I ever tell some stories about that. My partners old car was a MK1 focus which was a direct UK import (actually she's back over there right now visiting family in Hull) and getting parts for UK models vs Australian models was/is night and day.

As for engine size, we got an option of the 1.0L 3 cyl in the manual, and 1.5L powerboost in the auto back in 2017. Ecosports came in 3 flavours called Ambiante (basic), Trend (midrange), and Titanium (fully optioned). I think they put the 1.0L in all Trend and Titanium varients, regardless of transmission though now.

My next projects are front and rear dash cameras, and a locomotive train horn (if I can find somewhere for the little compressor and tank)

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-19, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieDave View Post
locomotive train horn
I mean locomotive air horn.., a train and a locomotive being the same thing
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-19, 03:50 AM

Garage
Hi Dave, we no longer get the Ecosport from India as that ended in 2017 to make way for the facelift Ecosport. Mine being a 2016 is from India.

You are right about different engine option in different countries, as a USA owner on here said he had the 2.0 petrol version, that we in the UK never got.

I find the UK horn adequate, but my wifes Smart car horn is an embarassment to press, as it sounds like we are making an apology

I suppose for the outback in Australia a train horn in your Ecosport keeps the kangaroos and camels away

PS..we can no longer fit front bull bars here by law in the UK as we have to be pedestrian friendly LOL, so we have to remain 'non-butch'
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-19, 02:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinJYD View Post
Hi Dave, we no longer get the Ecosport from India as that ended in 2017 to make way for the facelift Ecosport. Mine being a 2016 is from India.

You are right about different engine option in different countries, as a USA owner on here said he had the 2.0 petrol version, that we in the UK never got.

I find the UK horn adequate, but my wifes Smart car horn is an embarassment to press, as it sounds like we are making an apology

I suppose for the outback in Australia a train horn in your Ecosport keeps the kangaroos and camels away

PS..we can no longer fit front bull bars here by law in the UK as we have to be pedestrian friendly LOL, so we have to remain 'non-butch'
Oh hey, same model as I have then! Mines pre-facelift 2017(BK here, I'm not sure if its the same in the UK).

I know you're joking, but they are actually a problem at the wrong time of day. They come out at dawn and dusk right when the sun is in your eyes (its a survival thing, makes it harder for predators to see them, but also drivers), the locomotive horn is more for my amusement though . For kangaroos, people use sonic repellers which emit loud, high pitched pulses (a bit like a dog whistle I guess) to keep them away. You can feel them in your teeth as much as hear it though, so I'll still be giving those a miss.

A bull bar would be nice, but I had a look at the ones available and the anchor points seem pretty flimsy. We are allowed them, but they have to be at an upward angle leaning back into the car, or so low (nudge bar) there's not a lot of point to them.

I'm actually still interested that the UK got diesel versions, if Ford would stop being so secretive and make the workshop manuals public, I'd look into how viable a conversion might be.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-19, 02:41 PM

Our 2019 model was built in that country renowned for automotive excellence - Rumania..!
Joking apart, it appears to be beautifully put together.

A train horn would be useful here in France!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page