An Old member but a newer Ecosport - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 24-09-19, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
An Old member but a newer Ecosport

Well, I have been looking for a facelift Ecosport for a while, and now splashed out the cash and bought a Blue one, and have sold my Red 2016 Zetec trim 1.5 petrol Ecosport to my neighbour, at a good price for him and for me.

I was never going to pay full price for a new Ecosport, as even on base Zetec trim they have increased in price a lot since 2016, and that's far too much for me. I have been looking for an ex-demonstrator and wanted the base trim again, as I do not want a lot of fancy electronic extras that can go wrong over time. (my own thoughts on the matter, as other owners love all the goodies they can get)

I was doing a lot of internet searching and found this ex-demonstrator, a Blue 1.0 petrol Ecoboost 125 Zetec base trim model with manual box, with very low mileage and saved thousands of Pounds. And I said that will do me

Here it is (pictures below), now just got to get a hang of the new controls and the new engine. Only thing I am not sure about is dull colour of the alloys on the Zetec trim, but I can always get them powder coated silver at a later date if I want to.

I will be putting my private plate on it soon, as I have it on retention...'JYD ***', so being a secondhand (ex-demonstrator ) does not bother me as the numberplate changes soon to JYD

Last edited by colinJYD; 24-09-19 at 11:06 AM.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 26-09-19, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Reasons I bought the base model....
Forgot to say..one of my main reasons for buying the Zetec base model other than price was....

It has normal key turn ignition switch rather than push button start that is on the other higher trim models.
I am more used to key turn, as it needs a physical key for security.

It has normal keyfob entry rather than the 'less secure/easily acquired by crooks' keyless entry, that is on the other higher trim models.

You can tell I do not like modern gadgets LOL, and the salesman was laughing when I said...
"I used to say what I wanted in a car, but now I say what I do not want in a car".

Start stop tech....
Unfortunately all the new facelift Ecosports come with start stop tech, that was imposed on us drivers.
It has far more diss-advantages than advantages, like wear on the engine, reduces car battery life, danger with it being off at the most dangerous of places like junctions and traffic lights, where you may need to move quickly to avoid an accident, and start stop delays that by a second, and that second may count
The advantages..well, you may save a little fuel, and save the planet, as the Amazon forest burns.

Anyway rant over, he he.... At least it can be switched off, which I will always make sure it is OFF

Last edited by colinJYD; 26-09-19 at 07:31 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 26-09-19, 11:08 AM

Well done, be interested in your comparisons.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 28-09-19, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyford View Post
Well done, be interested in your comparisons.
Hi Freddy, well right away I like the steering better, it does seem more responsive and smoother.

The 3 cylinder pot car (1.0 petrol) will take a bit of getting used to, as there seems less torque on the lower gears compaired to my previous Ecosport (1.5 petrol). I notice it on hills, but once you get going the 1.0 seems powerful enough with just the two of us in it. No idea how the MPG will be at present, but should be a bit better than my previous 1.5 going by previous threads on here about MPG.

A good test will be both bikes and holiday luggage on board, and that will be at the end of next month when we head for the Lake District, and might even go up the Hardknot pass, which is a very steep hill

As for Sync 3 and all those screen displays and controls and hands free phone system, well that will take a bit of getting used to. I hate distractions when driving and that will be quite a distraction.

We will see how I get on in the next month or two. At least I am used to the size, shape and driving of an Ecosport, so there is not that much to learn. (I hope)

Last edited by colinJYD; 28-09-19 at 02:57 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page