old git. - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-20, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

old git.

hiya to all you young ones and oldish.
my name is john. been called other names but I stick with that one.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-20, 07:02 PM

Garage
Hi and welcome John, there are a few old gits on here who complain about some attributes of modern cars, but do not hark for the old days of their unreliable and rusty capri's and cortina's who had the first start stop tech due to their damp ignition systems cutting out at junctions LOL. We have come a long way since then (PS....I am one of the retired old gits )

So what model colour of Ecosport you went for, do you like it, any parts you don't like
Some pics would be nice.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 22-08-20, 02:11 PM

Just to add my name to the thread, I picked up my (nearly) new Ecosport this morning! ST-Line, blue with black roof.
It replaces an 18 year old Octavia 1.9 TDi that I’ve owned for fifteen years. My job is in vehicle logistics, I drive a wide range of cars and vans, so my choice of the EcoSport is due to its aesthetics, the range of onboard toys, and it having a really nice comfy driving position and a semi-auto ‘box with flappy paddles for country road fun.
The heated screen is a big plus, I’ve driven most, if not all of the competitors, but none have this feature - I discovered the joy of a heated screen on cold, frosty mornings when I owned a 1.7 Puma Zetec, and I’m so looking forward to not getting cold, numb fingers scraping the ‘screen off at 6am!
No decent photo yet, though.

“After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music”

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 22-08-20, 05:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phasmainmachina View Post
Just to add my name to the thread, I picked up my (nearly) new Ecosport this morning! ST-Line, blue with black roof......
Hello and welcome

Just to answer a question we have all been wondering about...Is it a cost extra to get a two tone version of the Ecosport? as two tone (ie, panels and roof are different colour) is a recent addition to the range.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page