New Ford Ecosport (2018) Engines & 4 wheel drive - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-17, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

New Ford Ecosport (2018) Engines & 4 wheel drive

The new Ford EcoSport will deliver an optimised driving experience equipped with Ford Intelligent All Wheel Drive. The technology is offered in combination with the all-new 1.5-litre Ford EcoBlue diesel engine and a six-speed manual gearbox, delivering 125 PS and 300 Nm of torque, with 4.5 l/100 km fuel efficiency and 119 g/km CO2 emissions.*

Intelligent All Wheel Drive measures how the carís wheels are gripping the road surface and can adjust torque delivery up to 50/50 between the front and rear wheels in under 20 milliseconds Ė twenty times quicker than it takes to blink. The system seamlessly transitions torque between all four wheels and provides a more secure footing on the road especially in slippery conditions.

Fordís all-new 1.5-litre EcoBlue diesel engine is designed to deliver higher power for improved performance, alongside reduced CO2 emissions. The refined four-cylinder engine features innovative technologies, including:

Low-pressure exhaust gas recirculation combined with water-air charge cooling for more efficient combustion and reduced emissions
An integrated intake manifold for optimised engine breathing
Low-inertia turbocharging for faster, more controllable turbo response, featuring rocket engine materials designed for high temperature applications
A high-pressure fuel injection system that is more responsive, quieter, and offers more precise fuel delivery
A 125 PS 1.5-litre EcoBlue diesel model with front-wheel drive and all-new, low-friction six-speed manual gearbox will offer even lower CO2 and greater fuel-efficiency from mid-2018. Fordís 100 PS 1.5-litre TDCi diesel engine combined with front-wheel drive and all-new six-speed manual gearbox will be available from launch.

Also offered will be Fordís multi-award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol in 140 PS, 125 PS and Ė from mid-2018 Ė 100 PS power outputs, with a six-speed manual gearbox; and 125 PS with a six-speed automatic gearbox featuring steering-column mounted paddle-shifters for convenient gear-shifting.

The new EcoSport will continue to deliver ride and handling tuned specifically for customers in Europe, with optimised springs, dampers, spring aids, steering gear, rear axle twist beam, Electronic Stability Programme settings and steering assistance profiles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FORD_2017_EcoSport_18 - Copy.jpg (519.2 KB, 46 views)
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-18, 03:20 PM

Great looking ride
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-19, 06:56 AM

its cool, i am willing to buy this for my personal use, i am running a towing company ritewaytowingnyc, we have some ford trucks which we are using for towing purposes and also for personal use but i want to get my separate SUV or Ford truck i have some options like ford ranger and one GMC model didn't remember the name now, so I think this can be one more option for me.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-19, 08:49 PM

Garage
There is one member on here that ordered the four wheel drive Ecosport, but never came back to say how he liked it. There is a thread on it somewhere,but cannot be bothered to find it LOL.

As most Ecosport owners stay on tarred roads and never go off road, two wheel drive does us, plus having a simpler two wheel drive transmission makes it cheaper, or put it another way 4x4 is a dearer option.

Looking at modern 4x4 transmissions where the computer decides where power goes due to the terrain and road and weather conditions, it is a lot more complex than the days of me throwing a big lever to 4 wheel drive on my old Suzuki Jeep, and fuel consumption half-ed instantly

This means transmissions have haldex units to transfer power to the wheels, and many cars have had their problems like the Range Rover Evoque, where many have had the haldex unit replaced or repaired. So not sure how robust the Ecosport 4x4 will be, but I do know not many owners will buy one or actually need one.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 14-07-19, 01:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinJYD View Post
.... throwing a big lever to 4 wheel drive on my old Suzuki Jeep, and fuel consumption half-ed instantly ......
Correction...Maybe that should have been doubled instantly, ie, as it just eat fuel

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page