Humming noise - Page 2 - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-19, 08:47 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyecosport View Post
Hi Giddy up, where did you get your space saver wheel from? Also what jack do you use if you carry one, as the Eco is fairly high up.Are the nuts 18mm? for a tyre wrench.
Thank you.
You can get one on ebay, cheapest is 15"

Ebay is good. You can use a size smaller diameter for a spacesaver compared to your road wheels, and a lot thinner, as it can only be used to get you home or to the garage and do not exceed 50MPH. (I would go slower )

Make sure you get a 2 ton capacity jack, as ecosport is quite heavy. A big scissor jack or a hydraulic type will reach.

Also get a long telescopic wrench for the nuts. The one I got from Ford was rubbish, so I got the telescopic one from Halfords (under a tenner).
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-19, 11:52 AM

Hi thank you for the information. I have a 2 ton trolley jack, but bit to clumsy in the boot. Have to look for a scissor jack, is that what you have? Is the nuts 19mm? what wrench did you get, 18mm 0r 19mm the nuts, not sure to be honest. I had a Ford c-max before this eco, think they was 19mm. Presume all the eco's be same size nuts. I feel sure they look like a 19mm. I know what you mean about the tyre wrench, the Ford one's are small. I had one with c max, I got a piece of hollow steel bar to sleeve over it, for longer handle.
Will have a look on ebay for a 15inch space saver. I have a 16 inch space saver for my c max, it a 5 stud wheel, so be no good, as the eco is 4 stud. Thanks.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-19, 02:36 PM

Garage
19mm on my 2016. Assume all years are the same, but you will have to check.

Do you have a socket set? thats an easy way to test that 19mm socket head works.

My telescopic wrench from Halfords can change socket heads. Came with 17mm and 19mm socket heads.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page