Dab/satnav issue - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 28-03-19, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Dab/satnav issue

Hi All.. this is a bit of a long one.. I'll be as brief as possible. I agreed a tradein deal for a 1yr old EcoSport. Traded in my 14 plate titanium X Kuga, sync1 with the dab issue. Dab is really high on my must have list.
The car was a couple of hrs drive away.. so sent a video of my car as I didn't want any issues with " ooh you never told me about that," when I turned up on the day. All was agreed as is..
Turn up at the garage after a 2 weeks and the car was faulty... Dab and satnav not working.. ggrrr
After a further week, it was found to be a wiring/connection fault. The dealer had obviously not checked the car...

The dealer agreed to deliver my car, the day before delivery they noticed the bumper was peeling and would need to order a new one.... Delivery is now set for next Monday.. very frustrating..

I can't wait to take delivery of my EcoSport... There is more to the story, but that's enough for everyone I suspect..!
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 29-03-19, 08:32 AM

Garage
Interesting about the bumper paint lacquer peeling, not heard about that on this forum at all, and I have been on here for three years. Only place mentioned that paint seems to come off eventually after a number of years is the wiper arms, that get white corrosion, and may need an emery down in places and a touch up paint (satin black spray is best, done that on a few past cars).

Getting down to the problem of peeling, well, it is well known fact on here, that rain water pools on the Ecosport rear bumper due to the rear door design dripping onto bumper, but runs off when car is on the move.

I bet that some corrosive substance, maybe some dubious cleaning products by previous owner or an automated car wash chemicals (I never use auto car wash), has made its way onto the bumper and pooled there long enough to strip the lacquer. Thats just a theory.

Anyway, hope you get the car soon
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-06-19, 03:12 PM

I love DAB radio myself, I,ve got a 2016 Ecosport Zetec and it doesn't have a DAB radio in it, had to put my own in, what a joke, all they did on the facelift model was take the spare wheel of the boot door and give us a puncture outfit 🤭

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page