A Decent vehicle let down - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 23-04-19, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

A Decent vehicle let down

Yesterday, doing some shopping the lug/hinge on the rear parcel shelf snapped. We use cold boxes which means the parcel shelf is frequently moved up and down to get the lids off. I have moaned about the fact that I always forget to lower the shelf and feel that it is a bit of a design fault as most vehicles the shelf lifts up and down with the rear door hatch. Being a side opening door means this is not possible.
What has amazed me is the literally cra**y piece of plastic this hinge is made of, it is really thin.
Well today, the car went in for it's first service a 32 mile hike each way.Plus the toll for the Tamar Bridge I told the young Lady about the hinge and She remarked it might have to be ordered. When the service was finished I was informed that the new hinge had to be ordered. I asked if it could be posted to me. NO I will have to make another appointment to have it fixed.I have looked on line, Fiesta/Focus plus a few others have a much more substantial hinge/lug. I would sooner order it myself and pay for it, although it is really a warranty job, as that will be cheaper than the fuel and Bridge Toll for them to fit it. However as I could not find this part listed, could it be a complete new parcel shelf. beggars belief.

Now, the dealer does this wonderful tyre check whereby the machine checks the tread depth. Interestingly there is more tread on the tyres now than when they were checked last December. Also, I have 3 Goodyear and 1 Bridgestone ( after a puncture where a screw went through the wall). According to the service I have ALL Goodyear tyres.
At the top of the service sheet the mileage is 3017 more than I have done. Not big things but it makes you wonder how much these mechanics actually do and record.
However, the Ecosport is obviously selling, one 2019 owner had a small problem another was a young Lady looked at the ST line. They got it out of the showroom for a test drive and when I left it seems she was waiting for the paperwork to be done. Stacks of S/H Kugas, Fiestas, Focus but I did not see one S/H Ecosport and boy do they have some S/H stock.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 23-04-19, 02:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyford View Post
..... although it is really a warranty job, as that will be cheaper than the fuel and Bridge Toll for them to fit it. However as I could not find this part listed, could it be a complete new parcel shelf. beggars belief.
I bet the complete parcel shelf is sold as the one part number, and hinges not sold separately.

If it goes again outside warranty, you would be better with more substantial DIY metal hinges from B&Q hardware store and bolt them on
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 23-04-19, 04:19 PM

My local Ford dealer has 3 ecosports in for sale second hand. Seacroft Ford, Mablethorpe Lincs. Wonder if people traded them in, when the disability 3 years up. I also had fun with a garage last year. On the m.o.t certificate, they had put down my miles, which I had not done yet. 800 miles I had not done yet, lol.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page