Part that yellow bonnet stay clip connects to ? - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-19, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Part that yellow bonnet stay clip connects to ?

Hi I noticed my bonnet arm was loose last week, when I checked the yellow bonnet stay clip was gone. I bought a new one but the noticed the black plastic part that the yellow stay clip connects to was broke, can anyone advise what this part is so that I can look to replace this part too.

I'm new to the forum and hope one of you guys can help
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-19, 07:59 AM

Garage
Hi and welcome

I have earlier 2016 ecospost but assume mechanism is just the same as 2017 onwards facelift ecosport.

Here is a heath robinson method if you cannot get the part.....
All the spigot does is allow the yellow lever to rotate on it. If you are good at DIY just buy a long bolt with wide bolt head and push through the yellow lever hole to replace spigot. Use bolt with big circular washer on top, and keep the bolt slightly lose by putting a big circular washer underneath with a double locknut (two nuts tightend together but leaving the bolt slack enough for the yellow lever to turn.

You may have to fabricate a rectangular plate (3mm metal or plastic) and fix it in place to replace the broken base, so bolt will go through.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-19, 05:12 AM

Unfortunately if you want a part number et al you will have to deal with a dealer. Ford will not supply such things direct.
I have reported here the failure of a clip/ that is fitted to the parcel shelf on the Mk2. The dealer wanted me to return to have the new part fitted when they got it from Ford although under warranty I declined. As my vehicle is owned by Motability and they expect to be kept informed about the vehicle, I had a whinge about a 70 mile round trip plus bridge toll. They contacted the dealer and the part is to be posted to me when it comes from Ford.The dealer insists that I return the remaining broken part. The piece that came off they already have. When I contacted Motability I asked if they would approve of me contacting Ford about what appears to be a flimsy piece of plastic. They were quite happy for me to do so. When I contacted Ford I asked that they supplied me with the part numbers for both sides. I would then purchase these direct which would mean no trips to dealer and save a warranty claim. They did say that my observations would be passed to their 'boffins' dept. Ford replied NO can't supply part numbers I have to deal with the dealer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Strange as they have an online shop.

Having failed once I am trying to have the part on hand to save messing about. I didn't even ask Ford to pay for them!!!!!!!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-19, 06:35 AM

Garage
Have to agree Freddy, that there are a lot of parts on the Ecosport are flimsy. The rear parcel shelf fixtures, the above yellow handle bonnet opener. Years ago these things were made of metal and not plastic and lasted forever.

Another example of my own Ecosport is that the wiper screen wash water tubes are no longer one piece from water bottle to schoosher nozzle and are made up of a number of tube lengths with plastic joint pieces, and these can pop, if the water freezes in the tube in winter (if you forget low temp screen wash liquid, which i did LOL). Mine pop-ed at the back and rear screen wash did not work. Ford told me to not forget low temp screen wash in future DOH.

PS.....I have had no problems with getting parts out of Ford parts department, my only grumble is price and the time to get them to source the part and get it to the dealership. Usually is in weeks rather than days.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-19, 06:29 AM

Just to get my twopenneth in, try Honda spares. A parcel shelf for the Jazz was listed at 700. Parcel shelf for Ecosport from Ford dealer on line under 70
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-19, 05:01 PM

Garage

That would be an expensive day out to B&Q warehouse and gardening center, if you take the parcel shelf out to put something in the back and drive away without it.

I did that once on a car, and realised 10 miles down the road, i had left the parcel shelf in the carpark, and drove like mad back, and it was still there, Phew!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-19, 11:03 AM

When I had the Jazz I was able to find a dealer called Lings that published a comprehensive parts list with current prices for the Jazz. Some of the prices were eye watering. One can only surmise that things like parcel shelves were slow movers. The Jazz had an I shift gearbox. Two pedals. Basically manual clutch with electronic mechanism and a manual box with electrically powered gear selectors. The piece in the car, the actual gear lever, was just under a measly 1000 and that did not include the gear knob which came in at around 70. Plus of course the gaiter!!!!!Reading the forums on the Jazz the clutch mechanism was prone to failure and a couple of firms would repair the 'module' for a reasonable charge, the new Honda piece was mega bucks. What I could not understand was my Jazz was built at Swindon and one presumes most of the parts were supplied here but with the madness of the car industry could be they came from somewhere on the other side of the world.
This parts list also gave exploded views which were extremely helpful for maintenance work.
Perhaps some one might do this for the Ecosport.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page