Spilt milk! What will be affected? - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-05-19, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Spilt milk! What will be affected?

Hi.

A large bottle (6 pints) of milk fell of the back seat the other day and about half leaked out!

Needless to say, I am keen to get rid of the smell before it starts to stink too much.

I have sponged the area (rear passenger footwell behind drivers seat) very very well but it still smelt afterwards.

SO I bought a wet and dry vac from screwfix and gave the area a very wet soaking/scrub and wet vac yesterday.

However, memories of electrical problems on old Range Rovers I have owned in the past come flooding back! That had a body control unit (BCU) under the drivers seat!!!

Please can anyone tell me if there is anything likely to be affected in that area? If there is I'll take up the carpet and dry it all by hand right now!

Thanks
James
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-05-19, 05:04 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum

All thats under the carpets near the sills, there is the cable loom to the electrics to the back of the car, so you should be ok, as cables are all insulated, and no joints there. Electric joints to any seat electrics are located off the floor, so your fine.

As for spilt milk there is nothing WORSE for a real bad smell that lingers for weeks.

Do everything you can to get it all the milk out, Soaking it and cleaning it up is the best thing as you have done, and also best to mask the smell with perfume spray into the carpets for a few weeks. it could take a while till the smell is actual dully gone, going by having the same experience in another cars boot. Yuk!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-05-19, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks very much indeed for your reply - that has really put my mind at rest.

Out with the Febreze I think!

James

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page