Led tail light retrofit - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 19-10-19, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Red face Led tail light retrofit

Hi, friends
What do you think about the tail lights?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_o...s&_stpos&gbr=1

Last edited by Dreamseek; 19-10-19 at 12:31 AM.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 19-10-19, 09:37 AM

Garage
Hi and welcome to the forum

Seems ok, but a warning about retrofitting LED lamps on a modern car

What you do have to watch with fitting LED lamps is that many car makes now get OBII error codes on the computer by fitting LED lamps, as most modern cars now have their lights tied into the computer.

My wifes 453 Smart car is like that, and only certain 'LED makes' work on the car without computer errors, found out by trial and error on the Smart websites.

Unfortunately there has been no-one on this specific Ecosport forum taking about or fitting LED replacements. Maybe some other Ecosport forums have. You should Email the seller of the LED's and confirm first that no error codes will appear on the cars computer, or will affect the car in any way. Also ensure they can be refunded if you do have trouble.

Best to buy via Paypal on Ebay, in case you end up with a dispute due to above possible faults, and want your money back.

PS...Talking about lighting.....Most of us have never been happy with the very poor lighting of the OEM dipped headlights on the pre-facelift and facelift Ecosports, and fit 130% or 150% brighter halogen dipped headlights at the same wattage, at around 20 for the pair.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 20-10-19, 11:48 AM

Having been taken to task over mentioning a Honda Jazz, I am going to press my luck again. Being a person that was brought up on the old car electrics whereby within reason one could add anything and even to repairing a section. NOW it seems you can't if a section becomes unservicable a new loom or section has to be fitted . I used the Jazz as a comparison as there is a very intense following of the Honda Jazz in the Far East and a lot of knowledge comes from that direction.Believe it or not they race them there. Indeed the Jazz is a very nippy and willing vehicle and has a superb engine. It just so happens there is a section of the motoring public that associates the Jazz with old Fa*ts.

The wiring on a modern car is such that it sometimes doubles up with another component. One supposes it saves money. Here I am on completely unknowledgeable ground but is it a 'CanBus' system. The wiring is such that any addition can really upset the system as ColinJYD says and it is imperative that when adding anything like towbar electrics or non standard parts one has to contact the supplier for instructions. I fitted front parking sensors to our old Rover 45 with no problems but when it came to the Jazz I had to follow to the letter the fitting of these sensors, with a warning not to try and take short cuts. I also had to ensure they were compatible.
It is very easy to be a Jobs comforter but modern vehicles are so complicated, unnecessarily so. BUT we have no say in the matter. Even Colin can't say what he doesn't want on a vehicle as they are all fitted with the bits.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 24-10-19, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamseek View Post
Hi and welcome to the forum

Seems ok, but a warning about retrofitting LED lamps on a modern car

What you do have to watch with fitting LED lamps is that many car makes now get OBII error codes on the computer by fitting LED lamps, as most modern cars now have their lights tied into the computer.

My wifes 453 Smart car is like that, and only certain 'LED makes' work on the car without computer errors, found out by trial and error on the Smart websites.

Unfortunately there has been no-one on this specific Ecosport forum taking about or fitting LED replacements. Maybe some other Ecosport forums have. You should Email the seller of the LED's and confirm first that no error codes will appear on the cars computer, or will affect the car in any way. Also ensure they can be refunded if you do have trouble.

Best to buy via Paypal on Ebay, in case you end up with a dispute due to above possible faults, and want your money back.

PS...Talking about lighting.....Most of us have never been happy with the very poor lighting of the OEM dipped headlights on the pre-facelift and facelift Ecosports, and fit 130% or 150% brighter halogen dipped headlights at the same wattage, at around 20 for the pair.
LOL. Thanks for your advice.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page