First year service - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 28-10-19, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

First year service

Hi I have a 68 plate Ecosport ST line Automatic and it is coming up for its first service (only done 5700 miles!) Just wondered if most owners go to the main Ford dealer or use independent garages - and what price range should I expect. thanks
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 29-10-19, 11:29 AM

We have an 18 Titanium auto and the first service was done on it's first anniversary by a Ford main dealer at approx 5000 miles. As your vehicle is under warranty for I presume the same as ours ie 3 yrs, one has to be very careful about servicing. I am not sure if it was a general case but I know Honda tried to wriggle out of a warranty claim as the car had been serviced by an independent garage. The case was found against Honda, as I say I do not know if this was ruling to affect ALL makers.
The benefit of it being serviced by a main dealer sometimes brings extra benefits ie Breakdown insurance etc also there is the so called perforation warranty check done every year which the dealer either keeps a record of or stamps the book. More usual is record is kept. Should you be very unfortunate and have a rust problem and it was serviced by a Ford dealer they can't wriggle. I believe that some Focus models were badly affected by rust on the rear door.

I am perhaps fortunate in that now I do not pay for servicing as it is a Mobility car. Our previous car (not a Ford) was serviced by a dealer as part of a deal but as soon as that ran out I went to an independent. It actually worked out more expensive BUT I did not have to travel so ar and I was allowed to watch ( most large garages will not allow this) and discuss any problems with the mechanic. Speak to the people that sold you the car voicing your concerns and if you have a small independent that you know speak to them BUT only you can decide.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page