Ford Ecosport Forum banner

New Insurance Company / OBD Install

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  colinJYD 
#1 ·
Hi

I am about to renew my insurance on my 2017 Ecosport and a new company called BY MILES (linked to AXA I think) are coming out at a good deal.

Seems you pay a one off fee and then x pence per mile (mines showing as 0.03p) which could save up to £200 a year!

It does need an OBD installed to track the mileage so my questions are:

a) anyone heard of BY MILES or used them
b) how easy is it to install an OBD

c) where is the OBD located

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
The tracker just plugs into your OBII diagnostic port in the Ecosport and an app can translate that to mileage done, and what time it was done.

When I put my conspiracy tin foil cap on, I do not like anyone being able to track where I go in my car and when I go. Its just Orwells 1984 big brother by the back door to get more information on you.

After saying that, I do understand some people cannot get car insurance unless they have an insurance tracker fitted, like young drivers and high risk drivers (lots off points off their licience) and now your system of insurance with pay per mile.

Here is a make of insurance tracker, to give you more details, these are different from a car thieft tracker as they are hidden in the car, but an insurance tracker is just plugged into the OBII port...
https://www.trackershop-uk.com/trackport-obd-gps-tracker.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.