Ecosport 1.5 tdci top gearbox mounting.- - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-19, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Ecosport 1.5 tdci top gearbox mounting.-

Hi all,

I am in need of a top n/s gearbox mounting for my 2017 Ecosport i.5 tdci, but trying to obtain the Ford OEM part no
from Ford web sites is like finding hen's teeth. So i was wondering if any of you Guy's and Gals out there in Ecosport land has changed one and can remember the part no, or failing, that is there any other ford models that fit, i.e.
late fiesta's etc. All reply's are greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
David.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-19, 11:38 AM

Garage
Assuming its a worn rubber mounting for the gearbox, you would be best to go to a Ford Dealership Parts department, and order the part, at least it would be genuine and new.

If not happy with the price or delivery time, you can get the part number off them and check on-line.

The danger on-line is getting a non-genuine part and possibly secondhand (worn). Good luck.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 13-12-19, 11:54 AM

Further to CilinJYD's suggestion, I have had a problem with the parcel shelf clips. I wanted to buy new ones as they appear to be flimsy.
I went on line to the Ford Dealership that supplied the vehicle and they listed an online spares dept. I have to admit that the prices were not extortionate by todays standards at just under a fiver each,

Presumably you have a Ford dealership locally, stuff their name into the search engine and they might have an online parts address.I wrote to Fords and they just referred me to the local dealer It does seem strange unless your car has done a huge mileage that a mounting would fail. One other possibility but not maybe helpful is just go into your search engine and put Ford Ecosport spares. I got directed to the Indian parts list BUT you may be able to find out if parts are interchangeable .

Alternative do you have a motor factors locally? There are several national ones. Also here we have GSF who seem to be fairly wide spread.
Whatever good luck

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 14-12-19, 07:22 AM

I have to apologise Giddy Up, I thought given I had some spare time I would seek out your mounting. Absolute failure except I tried good old Ebay who often when listing a part will give alternative fittings. The only one on offer was S/H off a breaker at Ł35.
Certainly GSF was a failure and other searches for the part revealed nothing.
Your only recourse appears to be Ford.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 19-12-19, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Hi Colin,
Many thanks for your reply, I agree with you that i might as well go the Ford genuine part route, so can not get it wrong. It will be more expensive, but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Once again many thanks Colin, and may i wish you and yours a merry Christmas and happy new year.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 19-12-19, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Hi Freddyford.

Many thanks for your reply, so to be on the safe side i am going down the Ford genuine part route, more expensive, but what the heck, and i don't end up with a spurious part. May i thank you for the extra research online you did for me, and let we wish you and your family a merry Christmas and happy new year.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 20-12-19, 10:43 AM

Thank you for your wishes hope your Christmas is Happy and the New Year brings you what you wish for yourself and family.
I don't mind poking about. I used to be a volunteer researcher for a Traction Engine Charity and spent many hours digging out information. I got info from all over the world, which would have been impossible without the internet. . Didn't always get it right but it was very enjoyable and I do miss it.
I too think your decision to go the Ford genuine route is the best bet.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page