Front Ford Badge - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-20, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Front Ford Badge

How easy is it to replace the Blue Ford badge (scratched!) on the front grill of my 2018 EcoSport, do you have to remove the grill completely, if so how do you do this.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-20, 10:29 AM

I changed the upper and main grill on my wife’s Ecosport for all black grills. Wanted to change the badge for a black one as well but had trouble sourcing one to fit. Changed out the badge on the upper grill whilst it was off
for a new blue one until i can find a black one to fit.

The badge sits in the upper grill and is held by two grip type nuts.

Upper grill can be removed fully and has two fixing screws/grommets at the top which you need to remove first. The bottom of the grill is held in with some clips that pop out with some persuasion.

You can however actually remove the grip nuts on the back of the ford badge if you loosened the the two upper fixing screws of the grill and get behind with a spanner to release the grip nuts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-20, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Deano are you talking about the old style front grill, mine has the facelift front end!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-20, 02:14 PM

Ahhhhhh. Not sure then my friend. The wife’s is a 2018 on a 67 plate so yours is the single grill. The main grill on hers came off quite easily when I removed it for the replacement gloss black grill. Used a set of plastic levers to get the plastic grips off. I could get my arm up between the lower front spoiler and the grill to pop the lower part off. From looking at pictures, it looks like you may be able to do the same. Also just had a look at what I think is your grill and there must be fasteners at the top when you open the bonnet.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page