Start stop not working - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-20, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Question Start stop not working

Hi got car 2 weeks ago, then last week noticed start stop not working, Iíve not switched it off so donít know whatís happening Any ideas appreciated. Apart from that like it a lot
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-20, 05:09 PM

Garage
Hi and welcome Suzy.

Well you must be the only one who likes it
I switch it off every journey. I hate it.

First of all start stop only works in certain conditions, read this...
https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resourc...tations-of-use

If you find the start stop is not working at all, then its a visit to the dealers, to sort it out.
Now let me give you good reasons why never to use start stop.

Advantages....
1....It gives a little saving on fuel.

Diss-advantages..
1...It causes engine and component wear due to many start stops in one journey
2...It can cause decrease of battery life (2 or 3 years instead of over 7 years)
3..The danger of being in a dangerous situation where you have the engine off, (traffic lights and junctions) and that delay in starting and getting out of there, can be life or death
4...Accidental operation of start stop in middle of junction or nose of car sticking out, again can be very dangerous, seen it happen many times to the embarrassment of the driver, though embarrassment is better than getting hurt or death

To me it is too dangerous in a car, and should never have been legislated.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-20, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

I meant I like the car rather than the start stop facility, just don’t get why it was working for first 10 days then stopped without me actually switching it off by the button, it’s disabled itself n would be interested to know why, I’ve already had the battery checked by a local garage n it’s fine, none of the other possibilities seem to apply so I will check again, I posted in case the same thing had happened to anyone else thanks folks

Last edited by Suzy89; 05-08-20 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Expand reply

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-20, 05:53 AM

Our's has developed a mind of its own. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Not going back to dealer who has a take it or leave it attitude. Which is unfortunate as it means a Ford for replacement is off the cards.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-20, 04:59 AM Thread Starter

Hi freddyford, thanx for your reply, just to let u know ironically mine starting working again yesterday completely out of the blue, cíest la vive, see if it stays that way!!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-20, 07:33 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyford View Post
Our's has developed a mind of its own. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Not going back to dealer who has a take it or leave it attitude. Which is unfortunate as it means a Ford for replacement is off the cards.
That is exactly what i am talking about.....start stop is far too dangerous.

Its a total disgrace how this start stop technology was imposed on us, when you see a car poll on start stop tech in car forums, it is hated by most drivers, especially if the driver cannot switch it off permanently, and instead must be switched off manually every journey. Also I bet there has been many deaths worldwide due to it, by a car engine cutting out at the wrong place at the wrong time

You should do as I do.......I never use it
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-20, 04:23 AM Thread Starter

Well update lol, worked Saturday but not again yesterday. Iím not going back to dealer, not bothered as such, will just leave it, am just disappointed having spent £15k on a car it has a fault straight away. I agree in certain circumstances it could be dangerous

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page