Parts Request - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 19-09-18, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Parts Request

Hello all,

New to the forum. Signed up a while back but not been very active! Own a 2017 EcoSport 1.5l Manual Petrol in Silver.

My partner was stationery behind traffic when another car came speeding round the bend, must not have been looking, had to swerve to miss our car, but still clipped the passenger side front! (See attached pic for damage)

Anyway, I am looking for a windscreen washer bottle, pump/sensor, or complete. Also passenger side foglight and grille. I have found a bodyshop locally to do repairs to bumper.

Is anyone breaking a car?

Thanks!

( Sorry if post is in wrong section )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car2.jpg (555.1 KB, 10 views)
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 19-09-18, 07:19 PM

Garage
Glad to find someone with my (discontinued) 1.5 petrol engine at last, as most owners Ecosports are either 1.0 petrol or diesel engine.

Anyway, I digress.why not try Ebay for parts, as most breakers put secondhand parts on-line now.

Also you can check with your local scrapyards for parts via google/phonecalls.

If all else fails, try Ford dealer parts department (might surprise you, cough! )

Last edited by colinJYD; 19-09-18 at 07:23 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 20-09-18, 07:34 AM

Was this a hit and run job? Whilst I know police stations are scarce to say the least, perhaps report by phone. If details of the other cars that might have witnessed the incident are available it would help. It never ceases to amaze me that with the insurance details of those that bother to pay the extortionate prices, are on the police computer how many vehicles are running around uninsured.
None of this helps you and I can only hope you manage to get it sorted.
Personally I think uninsured drivers are scum. As an aside, I look across the road to a young couple and he is an electrician. As a retired copper, I suppose it never goes away, the van was untaxed for a year and his MOT's were always late and what I really cannot get my head round is each year for the past 5 he has had advisiories only to have the vehicle fail next time on the points raised. Especially tyres. Considering the weight of an electricians vehicle given the wire etc, I shudder to think how many times this sort of behaviour is repeated.
Sorry bit of a soap box job!!!!! Insurance and keeping a vehicle legal.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 20-09-18, 11:28 AM

Garage
Hit and run does not depend on whether insured or not insured by who hit you, as they done a runner

We had our poor wee former Citroen C1 smashed up in a Stirling public car park when we went to see Stirling castle, no-one saw the hit, and we had to replace side wing, front bumper and fix the dented drivers door. Affected NCB for a few years, total swines

PS...there was an Australian mobile phone number put on the windscreen, but it just kept ringing out. Likely put there to look as those who damaged the car had put a phone number up.

I told insurance that an Australian tourist likely in a hired car, had hit our car and here is the number, and they told me they do not deal with anything international, so we had to use our insurance....great!
(always have protected NCB now, as its only a few quid more)

Last edited by colinJYD; 20-09-18 at 11:34 AM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 21-09-18, 10:47 AM

One day when on my beat, a German coach tried to get through a restricted arch, so I had words with the driver and got a mouthful of abuse from driver and the interpreter. Whilst he was reversing he backed into a motorist awaiting behind. The coach driver clearly had not made sure it was clear behind. The motorist was justifiably upset when the German driver basically said tough sue me. I then intervened and asked the driver for his 'green card'. A bit of arguing until Old Bill told the German what would happen if he refused to comply. I merely tore the base of the green card and gave it to the aggrieved. Of course the German could not then argue. What the outcome was I know not but 14 yrs as village bobby on a main trunk road that connected the ferry port with the south coast, I learned rightly or wrongly how to deal with stroppy Germans. No that's not racist the ones I dealt with really thought they were the master race. Incidentally my actions were never challenged.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 22-09-18, 07:42 AM

Garage
That sorted him out
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 24-10-18, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinJYD View Post
Glad to find someone with my (discontinued) 1.5 petrol engine at last, as most owners Ecosports are either 1.0 petrol or diesel engine.

Anyway, I digress.why not try Ebay for parts, as most breakers put secondhand parts on-line now.

Also you can check with your local scrapyards for parts via google/phonecalls.

If all else fails, try Ford dealer parts department (might surprise you, cough! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/EcoSportOwnersClub_uk/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG])

Discontinued?! No surprise there! The 1.5 Ti engine is really poor on performance and fuel economy 😞

Sorry for late late reply, but yes thanks for your reply and advice.

I have managed to find a bumper in the same colour! A second hand washer bottle and pump. Also foglights and grille. Awaiting delivery then I will fit the lot!

The car has not been cleaned since the accident.. so looking forward to that as well.

Might look for a 1.0 ecoboost engine to swap in!! 😉
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 25-10-18, 10:51 AM

Garage
Well done

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page