Ecosport in the Pyrenees - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 17-08-19, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Ecosport in the Pyrenees

Just back from a few days away in the Ossau valley in the Pyrenees (about 1hr 40 from here). I really enjoy the sound of that 1.0 litre 3 cylinder engine - it has the "thrum" of a 'six' about it. I'd like it a lot more if it had a few more ccs though - for a bit more torque at low rpm settings. What would I like to see improved after a few kms under its belt? Better visibility past the windscreen pillars - especially on corners. From my wife: a more compliant suspension. She said she understands why it was called the Ecosport!
Apart from these minor gripes, we're very happy with the car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010433.jpg (139.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg P1010439.jpg (138.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg val11.jpg (53.7 KB, 4 views)
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 23-08-19, 04:22 PM

Garage
Hi Geoff, lovely scenery and lovely car

Have to agree that the triangular windows at the windscreen pillars is a really bad blindspot, and was never sorted out with the newer shaped Ecosport. My 2016 is just as bad LOL. The Ford designers must have thought that was part of the Ecosport design look, and not interested in the blindspot problems associated with it.

You just have to get into the habit of bobbing your head back and forth to see around the blind spot, like the rest of us Ecosport drivers
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 24-08-19, 06:02 AM

Just to make Geoff feel better, I was scrolling down a site about cars and their faults. Surprisingly the Ecosport did quite well with a battery problem on the Ecosport and a couple of other models. Acid was leaking up past one of the posts on the battery. However, VW had a brake problem. The brakes were inadequate on the Tiguan and Passat. Also the tow hitch could fold up when towing.
Not exactly good enough especially as those vehicles had been around for a while and the numbers sold.
The A pillar is a nuisance but to be fair the Jazz ain't much better. Why manufacturers can't get over this problem I know not. I appreciate it is to give the vehicle structural strength but the problem of visibilty is not new,
Back in the Eighties a bus pulled out of a side turning and a car ran into the side of the bus. On inspection the double folding doors fitted to the bus completely obstructed the bus driver's view. The two doors came together and formed in the centre a blind spot that would have hidden a small lorry.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 25-08-19, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

If any of you ever get the chance to visit the area in and around the Ossau valley, I can't recommend it highly enough. Spectacular mountain scenery.. with the steeply sloping valleys covered with forests. A real pleasure to drive on those roads.
Fly Ryanair to Pau and rent a car..
i find myself doing that head shuffle in corners too Colin.. there's nothing else for it! I think increasingly tough crash safety standards has ensured that body shells are more rigid than ever. So you're right - I think we're stuck with those A pillars.
I'm surprised there aren't more Ecosports on the road..
Staying indoors today with all the G7 kerfuffle!

Last edited by Geoff 64; 25-08-19 at 09:28 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page