Owned my EcoSport ST Line 125 Red/Black for 6 months now and the honeymoon period is definitely over...Had a littany of problems to deal with since my last post and to be honest, it's put me right off the car and possibly another Ford too.
1) Paint Blemish on bonnet turns out to be a bad batch of Red which wasn't picked up on vehicle PDI. Why not?
2) Alarm was setting itself off at random times through day and night. Traced to a faulty wiring loom in rear door which because it comes from 'Abroad' won't be here for weeks.....
3) Stainless Steel door sills with ST-Line logo have corroded (Rusted) over. Completely.
4) Tyre Pressure Sensors have a mind of their own.....Front off side sensor was showing as deflated but it was the right rear which was at fault.
5) Sub-Woofer in boot sounds rattly….like a piece of grit has got in the cone....To be honest, i'm pretty fed up.
Ford dealer has been incompetent at best and to be honest I've had enough. Been back to the dealer every week now for at least 8 weeks. Sales not interested, Service Manager no good to man nor beast.
So i'll give them until Christmas. If it's not fixed by then it's going back and i'm having a different manufacturer.
I've had Ford's for years, have seen that the quality of certain models is not what it could or should be....I took a leap of faith with the EcoSport after reading a fair amount of negative comments about the build quality of the car.
You live and learn....I hope you've a good dealer.
Will leave it there for now,