Ford garage loan car - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-05-19, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Ford garage loan car

Hi, my ecosport is going into Ford next week, for air con to be looked at under warranty. Had an email today from them regarding me borrow a loan car for the day. In past always been given a loan car, nothing to pay as this should be a free service, as they working on your car, bringing trade there way.
I got an email from sales manager saying, for me to use a loan car now, it going to cost me Ł10 towards there insurance, or insure it myself, or pay Ł1,000 excess if any accident or damage occurs. Is this a national garage dealer thing now? Has anybody else had this problem ? Never had to pay before.
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-05-19, 03:13 AM

Garage
Yeh, you have to deal with the insurance nowadays on a loan car. Either pay a tenner for their insurance or use your own insurance. You actually have to phone call your insurance at the dealership to arrange cover (no extra cost, unless your insurance says otherwise, see your small print).

This has been ongoing for a long time now, by many Makes/dealerships, take Mercedes/Smart for example....

I had a really faulty car years ago, was my weekend car, a Smart Roadster soft top convertible, and it leaked rain in from everywhere, (it was very common on this car, we all had leak and damp problems, as discussed on Smart car Forums) and it leaked from the roof, the boot, the front bulkhead, the door mirrors and the door speakers (water music)

This resulted in more than 4 visits to the dealer when under warranty, and I used my own insurance, but note your insurance may only do this 3 times a year, and then they will not do cover of loan car.

PS....Its a pity about the roadster, I sold it after the two year warranty ran out, it was a lovey car and a real drivers car, but could stand the damp no longer....

Last edited by colinJYD; 04-05-19 at 03:17 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page