Sensor Valves - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-16, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Groupies

Sensor Valves

Hi all we got our ES in 2014 and I just wondered if anyone around the same period has had trouble with their sensor valves?
We have now had 2 go, when the first one went we took it to the dealer we bought it from and they wanted around £40 to replace it,well I kicked up mary **** as we felt it was a fault and not our doing,sure enough that was replaced under warranty,second one went last week and again the dealership (a different one as with the first) and it has been fixed today, so just a heads up for anyone with the same issue,do not pay for it as its a warranty job
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-16, 07:15 PM
Bob

Are you talking about the tyre pressure sensors?
Our 64 plate has an issue with the tyre pressures. I keep a check on our tyres, inflate/deflate depending on the vehicle load. Over about the last six months the tyre pressure warning has come on. I've checked the pressures and found the rear tyres below what I set them to. I booked it in today and they found corrosion around the valves. Two new rear alloys are now on order under warranty.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 13-04-16, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Groupies

Hi Bob yes the incar warning kept coming up....check tyre pressure.....last year we had a service and I asked our mechanic to check the tyre for as kept going down,he said there was no puncture its the valve leaking,we was asked to pay but I refused and took it further as there was no visible damage that could be blamed on us therefore a faulty part. had that one done last year under warranty and then the same happened a couple of weeks ago on a different tyre,was replaced yesterday under warranty so happy with the outcome. I tell you we have never had this hassle with a new car before to date we have now had 5 things,two recalls two tyres and the revving issue which has now been sorted after nearly 18 months....

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 15-04-16, 05:03 AM

Hi, our 14 plate EcoSport is on it's second set of TPS sensors. The second set is now failing on the front right wheel. I had it serviced yesterday and spoke to the service department manager who confirmed that the valves within the TPS have a tendency to stick and that Ford have moved to a new design of TPS which uses a different technology.

Our EcoSport Limited is being changed for a 16.25My EcoSport which arrived in Southampton on Tuesday, so I am interested to see if the new one will have the new design of TPS.

I will let the forum know!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 18-04-16, 07:38 PM
Bob

Hi eco3.
We took ours in last week to ask about getting the tyres/sensors checked. The girl booking it in even went to check they had the new sensors in stock which we thought was odd. We guessed they had issues but weren't letting on. As I was on nights we dropped it off first thing and they called us later. I was quite surprised when they said they had found corrosion on the rear wheels and that two were on order. Hopefully they are being changed on Wednesday.
I also found a lose bolt in the driverís door and we've had two sets of brake discs due to them warping.
Love the car, great for my husband as he has back trouble so the high seating position makes driving fun again.
I have a loyalty to the brand as they have employed me for 32 years but I have never had this much trouble with a new car either. Luckily any issues have been dealt with fairly quickly.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 20-04-16, 09:41 AM
Groupies

I have just had one of my 2014 ecosport valves replaced under warranty. Mechanic said there was corrosion on the bottom of the valve.

While I was waiting for it to be done I had a wander round the showroom and all the new cars had a 'normal' looking valve eg without the 2 nuts. So I am wondering if they have changed the design, although the rplacement valve is the same as before.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 28-04-16, 07:42 AM

Is it one of those things where this car was designed and built in Brazil / India where they don't go through our winters and salt on the roads etc.?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 29-04-16, 09:25 AM
Bob

Two weeks since I was told they had ordered new wheels. Now saying they have absolutely no idea when they will arrive.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 29-04-16, 01:46 PM
Groupies

I had all 4 of my wheels eventually replaced under warranty last September. It took about 4 months for the wheels to arrive from Ford, the dealer was informed that they were on backorder. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 30-04-16, 07:25 AM
Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert42 View Post
I had all 4 of my wheels eventually replaced under warranty last September. It took about 4 months for the wheels to arrive from Ford, the dealer was informed that they were on backorder. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.
I was surprised when they told me to come back the week after they ordered them.
I actually work for Ford so don't have an issue with the dealership, they can only organise these things around deliveries from the company.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page