reverse light removal - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 20-01-19, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Rod

reverse light removal

Hi, can anyone tell me how to remove the reverse lamp from the bumper on a 2016 1.0ltr ecosport ?
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 21-01-19, 08:40 AM

Garage
Welcome to the forum

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 21-01-19, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Rod

reverse lamp reemoval

Hi Colin, Thanks for your reply and your clip from the owners manual, however its not the bulb I need to remove it is the complete lamp as mine is cracked, any info on that ? Rod.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 21-01-19, 01:46 PM

Garage
Oh, right, DOH

Looking at my own Ecosport which is a 2016, it looks like the whole light unit has to be removed from the back, behind the bumper....

Looking at that picture again there is a removable clip, will likely need a flat blade screwdriver to unclip it. Remove electrical wiring socket. And then remove all. Get under the bumper with a torch and figure it out, he he.

Whether you can remove the bezel and replace that, or have to replace all, I do not know, but you will see that when you remove it. Likely Ford parts will only sell it as one piece, to get more cash.

Last edited by colinJYD; 21-01-19 at 01:51 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 21-01-19, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Rod

Thanks for that, yes does look like a retaining clip in picture, when our weather improves I will have a look underneath , up till approx five years ago when I retired I worked in a garage mot testing so had access to pit and hoist, no such luxury's now !!!!!! anyway thanks for your help.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-19, 03:19 PM

Hi, glad seen this, as just took my eco back to the dealer got it off, as noticed a crack in my lens, and after lot rain, see there water in there!! Only had the eco a week, so took it back to dealer today and told them want it sorting under warranty. I was well to say at boiling point, and I think they new it. They said they would order the part, and sort it, to right. Mechanic said may have to take bumper off, but to me it should just pop out. Looking at Colin picture, to me, the spring clip is not what the arrow point to, but the clip just to the right of the arrow, black colour. Reason say that, as had a Rover 25 once, and the front fog lamps was same principle, popped out with a clip you did it with a screwdriver. I to in morning will look under car to see, while dealer getting new light ordered.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-19, 03:41 PM

Garage
Yeh, if its filling with water then its a warranty claim.

There is no way they take the bumper off, typical grease monkeys instant answer without thinking. As you say, it is a clip at the back

I have in the past had to get a front indicator unit replaced with another, in the second week of ownership as it was condensating inside.
(Was a Mitsubishi Colt. Most boring and most depreciating car I ever had the misfortune to buy, in three year lost 60%)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-19, 03:54 PM

Well Ford should know how to get it out, but they sorting it, and I certainly not paying for it. You sometimes get the odd bit of condensation, but 1/2 inch of water in it! I told the manager, could put a fish in there. Seacroft Ford, Mablethorpe Lincolnshire. So they said they would sort it. Spotted it today, and went straight to the dealer. So they could get on and order the part. I had a Ford c max 58 plate before, it was lovely car to. Had it 2 years from same dealer, in that time did 5,000 miles. I bought it for 3,995 and they gave me 2,000 trade in. Now I see it on the forecourt for the same price I paid for it 2 year ago. Trying to make a lot of profit eh lol.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 17-02-19, 01:59 PM

Hi, on your diagram, it looks like the clip to release is on the right, the black clip to me. Should release the whole light then me thinks. Still waiting for Ford to get the part in, and it now a week. How hard can it be to get a light. You can get aftermarket lights on ebay for 15 to 20.
Noticed something else, the rear passenger door, when shut don't seem as flush with the body as the driver side, same with the fuel flap, it the same side. Just wondering if it ever had a prang, no way of finding out really. Nothing major, but you just wonder. Also the reverse light the same side, with the crack in. Strange eh. Will mention this to Ford when ring on Monday.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 18-02-19, 04:52 PM

Can the rear reverse light, be taken out bumper with out removing it? My ford dealer saying the bumper will have to come off! I said don't think it needs to. Has anybody took a reverse lamp out?
Thanks.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page