2019 Ecosport with 8” touch screen - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 23-02-19, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

2019 Ecosport with 8” touch screen

When in reverse in the dark the touch screen is so bright it dazzles making it dangerous. Has anyone else had this experience. The dealership have had 3 attempts to put it right with no change.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 24-02-19, 06:48 AM

I borrowed a new KA from Ford the other day, as mine in for work done. It had a screen, and it was really bright to. Like you say, think they to bright.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 24-02-19, 01:19 PM

All can suggest is at night with it being bright, hang a duster over the screen lol. My small display area, is really bright to, on a 2015 Ecosport. It in the middle of dash, but lucky I can put a duster in front of it at night lol.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 24-02-19, 05:05 PM

Garage
Hi, and welcome to the forum. Not having the newer model, mine is a 2016, I can only take a guess at this...

In the manual, is there a way of brightness/dimming control of your display via the touch screen menu?
Does the whole dash lights plus digital displays dim when you put your outside lights on, I assume it does that?

Years ago when displays and switches were just small bulbs, most cars came with a potentiometer dial on the dash to lower the brightness at night, I would suppose there is some modern method of doing this via the touch screen menu.

My old Ford Capri had just an on/off switch that killed all dash lighting and then I could see nothing on the display
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 25-02-19, 03:09 PM

Hi, just wondered, on my 2015 eco, where I switch my lights on, is the 2 fog light button, for front and rear fogs. The front fog button, also if turned acts as a headlight adjuster. Rear fog button, also acts as a dimmer, so if turned dims your dash lights. I not tried it, just thought of it, may be that may dim the display? May not, just worth a try. It more likely done via the screen.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 26-02-19, 04:03 AM

I assume the 2019 model is roughly the same as the 2018 model. Bobbyecosport refers to his switch that operates headlights fog lights etc. To the right of the headlight switch ( the big round one) there are two buttons. According to my book these adjust the brightness of the 'panel' lights and so assume this includes the 8" screen. The book just says to keep pushing either to brighten or darken the panel lights.
I am sorry to say I have not driven the Ecosport at night but often when passing under a flyover, the headlights come on and the screen darkens.
I have to say the auto headlights are far more sensitive than the Honda ones, unfortunately west Country mist confuses the system so I have to manually switch the lights on.
One matter, off this subject is the Cruise Control fitted to the Ford. I had problems with Honda who could not or would not answer a query over the Cruise Control fitted to the Jazz. On going down a steep hill the Cruise control would change down to prevent over run and exceeding the set speed at 70mph.It would not do this at any other speed. Honda as I say would not answer why as the Cruise Control was not as on the Ford pro? active. I have noticed the Ford keeps the set speed pretty constant whatever the gradient or speed. Brilliant!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 26-02-19, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

To all who have replied to my query. Thankyou very much, but unfortunately there is no way you can alter the brightness or turn off the reversing screen. Yes the touch screen can be adjusted but this has no effect once the reversing camera comes on. The car is going into the main dealer shortly to try and correct the problem so if successful I will put a further post on.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-19, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Sorry for the delay on the progress. Ford took quite a while to release the update which has now been carried out. The reversing camera issue is slightly improved and I have discovered it is much improved if you leave the touch screen on daytime mode only. There is still no personalised adjustment to suit your individually eye sight which is common on some other makes of car. This update has cured of other problem of touch screen freezing or going blank. It has also improved the performance of the car.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page