Lower grille replacement - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-05-19, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Lower grille replacement

Hi gents, first time poster here and I am looking for some words of wisdom. Parked my ecosport in a bit of a rough area last week and came back to my lower centre grill missing, the bit that sits below your license plate. I've got a replacement part coming tomorrow , has anyone fitted one before? Do they just click in? Also looking for a recommendation for some adhesive to stop a potential theft repeat. Many thanks!
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-05-19, 03:48 AM

Garage
Hi, Cannot believe anyone would stoop so low (padon the pun) to take someones lower grille.

All I can think is once you have installed another grille. you could wire it on in locations around the perimeter, using thin steel wire looped through grille back to interior fixings inside engine bay, behind the grille.

A better option to me would be... once your clipping it in then add epoxy two part glue, and it will not be coming out again in one piece.

Personally, I would not bother, as what is the chance of another grille thief

PS..I never use multistory carparks now, ever since someone stole my wiper blades and wiper arms, from my Ford Capri decades ago. Luckly the wiper arms were taken as it was raining outside and I switched on wipers, and if the arms had been there they would have scored my windscreen. Had to go to Fords and buy new arms and wipers. A very costly day to park my car.

Last edited by colinJYD; 10-05-19 at 03:53 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page