Front sensors - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 13-06-19, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Front sensors

Hi I recently bought a new automatic Ecosport Titanium (keyless) with front sensors.

When parked in the garage with the ignition pressed once for "accessories" and in "park" the sensors obviously detect the things around the car so beep all the time!

Is this correct? Or should there be no further beeping once in 'park'

Thanks
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 14-06-19, 11:52 AM

Hi not certain but I don't think they should,mine don't
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 15-06-19, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Should there be an image of the Car on the screen or display showing which sectors are causing the front sensors to beep? Like the one that appears when the car is in R for reversing?

I can't see anywhere to switch the front sensors off either. Is there an off button somewhere?

As soon as I switch the ignition on in the garage (whatever gear I am in - park, neutral or drive and stationary) the front sensors start beeping and don't stop!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 16-06-19, 02:02 AM Thread Starter

Having read another thread on here I realise that we havnt got the factory fitted front sensors so ours work differently.

We bought a car that had a lot of extras on already (like moonroof) but I presume hadn't got the front sensors which we wanted so they must have fitted them at the dealership . We had the option to wait up to 20 weeks for the exact car we wanted or have one that was already on the way to the UK with various things already fitted.

Having now worked out how the sensors work we have found the on/off switch and are happy!

Last edited by Eco1; 16-06-19 at 02:05 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page