Hill start assist issue - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 25-06-19, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Hill start assist issue

Anyone had/have an Hill start assist system warning (failure)? My wife's car is going into Ford on Friday, this as come on 5 times now since new at the end of May, also something as come loose in the rear door and rattling.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 28-06-19, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Turns out its a faulty switch on the Hill Start issue and a random screw rolling around inside the rear door.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 28-06-19, 05:04 PM

Garage
A random screw does not sound good quality control, but at least your sorted.

As for hill assist, I am not a great believer in a lot of new tech, like start stop (just an aggravation, having to switch it off every journey) and internet connectivity with multi display functions (a distraction from keeping your eyes on the road). but hill assist is brilliant when it works right, and usually does.

Hill assist is good for not needing to use the handbrake, by preventing rollback.

Last edited by colinJYD; 28-06-19 at 05:06 PM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 29-07-19, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Update:-

A few days after the faulty switch on the Hill Start Assist being replaced/fixed the issue is back. Car as been back to the dealer where they said "we have had about 10 Fiesta and ecosports in with the same issue and we cant fix it".

Past on to Ford who know nothing about the issues LOL, we have a case manager on it but there is no fix to date for the Hill Start Assist.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 29-07-19, 02:26 PM

Garage
So what is the matter with this switch, that it does not keep working right?
Does it last a few days then just pack in, and hill start fails to work again?

I cannot understand why mechanics cannot figure it out. Weird.
Hope they resolve it for you soon.

PS.......Not the first time i have seen 'impossible to fix' problems on cars.....
Interestingly I had a Vauxhall Tigra convertible for years, and no-one including Vauxhall or the Tigra forums could figure out where the resistor bank was, (it gives different voltages 12V, 9V, 6V and 3V) to get 4 speeds on the ventilation fan. Owners hunted high and low, stripping the dash and vent system down to find it. But never did

When my vent fan packed in with a burned out resistor bank, I had to put my own 'made in china off ebay' variable speed controller on the fan to get different speeds LOL. A real 'Heath Robinson' fix.

Mind you you cannot do a 'Heath Robinson' fix on a hill start system, as its a crucial safety feature, assuming it works
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-19, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinJYD View Post
So what is the matter with this switch, that it does not keep working right?
Does it last a few days then just pack in, and hill start fails to work again?

I cannot understand why mechanics cannot figure it out. Weird.
Hope they resolve it for you soon.

PS.......Not the first time i have seen 'impossible to fix' problems on cars.....
Interestingly I had a Vauxhall Tigra convertible for years, and no-one including Vauxhall or the Tigra forums could figure out where the resistor bank was, (it gives different voltages 12V, 9V, 6V and 3V) to get 4 speeds on the ventilation fan. Owners hunted high and low, stripping the dash and vent system down to find it. But never did

When my vent fan packed in with a burned out resistor bank, I had to put my own 'made in china off ebay' variable speed controller on the fan to get different speeds LOL. A real 'Heath Robinson' fix.

Mind you you cannot do a 'Heath Robinson' fix on a hill start system, as its a crucial safety feature, assuming it works
The switch was not the issue by the looks of it, Ford are sending an engineer to the dealer, as, they have another car there with the same issue at the moment. Could be a software issue?

Hopefully hear something soon as this as been escalated now due to the number of complaints/issues.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-19, 04:58 AM

Garage
Software problems are now the bane of new cars.

My Wifes latest 2019 smart car had a safety device on the side windows, that go back down four inches if something gets in its way, like a dogs head or a child's hand.

The problem is that her drivers window keeps going back down when it hits the top, and requires three or four attempts to close the window.

Our local Mercedes/Smart dealer had to re-program the window motor for less sensitivity, ie, as the window obstructs something, the current goes up on the motor, and a current sensor decides to put the motor in reverse. What a complication that easily leads to faults like the above.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page