boost pressure sensor - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 21-07-19, 02:44 AM Thread Starter

Angry boost pressure sensor

Hi,

I have owned my ecosport 1.5 diesel for nearly 4 years (so out of warranty). this week the dreaded "engine malfunction - service now" message appeared on the dash screen. I purchased a OBD2 dongle and scanned for fault codes, this gave me a code P132b which seems to point towards the boost pressure sensor?
in the absence of Haynes manuals does any one know where this sensor is located?

Regards

Brax
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 21-07-19, 08:05 AM

Garage
Can your OBD2 dongle reset the management light by clearing all codes?

Can only give you generic info (not Ecosport)....Good luck.
Generic...The boost pressure sensor is located inside the intake pipe in front of the throttle valve

Generic video....

PS...I bought a Maxiscan code reader for under a tenner from Ebay, that reads codes, and resets codes and management light.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 23-07-19, 04:35 AM

I too have a cheepo OB11 reader, I bought it some years ago and the first time I used was back end of last year when the engine on our Ecosport went into limp mode. The dashboard was lit up like a Christmas tree. The fault was identified as a temperature sensor. Can't remember the code. When it went back to the dealer, they were a bit sniffy about the diagnosis. I did not clear the code so that they would see it however they insisted on a 2HR computer diagnosis that came up with nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The fault has not reoccurred.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 23-07-19, 07:05 AM

Garage
Nowadays a code reader is essential once you go out of warranty so you can read codes, sort problem, and reset management light. Even if you cannot repair the fault, at least you have an idea what the fault is, when talking to an independent garage, who you are going to pay to get the fault sorted. And hopefully you are in agreement on what the fault is.

it is also useful during warranty as you did Freddy, to get an idea of the fault, so Ford do not pull the wool over your eyes, with some sort of lame excuse for what the fault was.

Last edited by colinJYD; 23-07-19 at 07:08 AM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 27-07-19, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

Reset the code. but will not clear the fault. this is telling me its something electronic (sensor) not mechanical (vacuum leak, stuck vanes, bad dpf or turbo).

This car does perfect diesel trips everyday (38 miles motorway and 30 miles A roads) so gets a good run out. I am finished with diesels now.

FORD - TAKE NOTE... for the very expensive cost of a car these days 3 years warranty is not enough...

will have to bite the bullet and take it to the dealer. it is a little sad that there are no tear down manuals :-(

Regards

Brax

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page