2019 ES ST Line - bike rack? - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 26-07-19, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

2019 ES ST Line - bike rack?

Hi,

Please bear with me - I’m not technically minded... I’m a single mum of a 20 month old and would love to venture further afield with my bike and toddler bike seat but need a way of transporting it!

Is a roof or rear rack best? And if so what other bits will I need to buy other than the rack? Any specific rack recommendations?

Would a tow bar one mean that I won’t be able to open the boot when it’s mounted?

Sorry for all the questions but trying to figure this all out on my own and haven’t had much luck!

Many Thanks
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 26-07-19, 06:04 PM

Garage
Hello and welcome. Two ways to go....

Roof rack....
If you have the roof rails already installed, then you can buy the two cross beams from Ford, and fit one or two bike racks on the roof (from Halfords or other car parts store). I have this for our two bikes, but you do have to lift them high to get onto the roof.

Tailgate rack... (if no spare wheel mounted on the tailgate)...
This should be the better option for you as lifting is far easier, as its fitted on the back of the car.

At last an owner has found the prefect tailgate rack for the Ecosport and its a Saris Solo bike rack...

See this thread (it has pictures, see post 5)...
https://www.ecosportownersclub.co.uk...bike-rack.html
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-09-19, 05:30 AM

Oh, that was me
Since creating that post I've used the rack for commuting most weekdays, and have had no problems with it whatsoever. Happy to answer any questions about it.
Regarding the question you asked - with this rack, yes, you can still open the boot with the rack (and bike) in place.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page