Gouge in bumper - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 25-08-19, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Angry Gouge in bumper

I am usually very careful and think things through BUT today stupidity realms large.
I collected some paving slabs and when taking one out I just caught the bumper with a corner. Result a nice gouge. Normally I would have put some form of protection over the bumper BUT today I didn't and now I have the problem of replacement or repair.
Any ideas?
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 26-08-19, 05:43 AM

Garage
Hi Freddy, Without a picture it is difficult to give you one answer, so here's three

1....If it is just a light scratch then a touch up paint stick will do, you can get these on Ebay or at the Ford dealership.

2....If it is deeper but not that bad then one of those mobile 'car paint/dent repair guys' can come out and repair it at less cost than a putting it into a paint garage.

3...If bad, then its into a paint garage for repair, could be costly. Pay the bill yourself, or by using your insurance to pay, could affect your NCB, and you have the excess to pay.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 26-08-19, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feed back. Had the bumper been a self colour smooth plastic one like most a repair kit would be the answer BUT of course
the Ecsosport bumper is dimpled and made of seemingly different plastic to the average.
I had a good look this am and it is more than a simple scratch.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page