Uprated ARB and rear sway bar? - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-10-19, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Uprated ARB and rear sway bar?

Have anyone uprated their front Anti Roll Bars and rear sway bars?
Looking for recommendations on parts to improve the handling if possible.
Ta
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-19, 05:55 AM

Garage
You thinking of crossing the Sahara desert?

I assume you want the car to handle better

Not sure why you think the Ecosport is not that good with the existing standard OEM setup, most owners are happy with it, as is.

Anyway, no-one on this forum has considered upgrading, there has been no-one on here doing any performance or suspension or Anti Roll Bars and rear sway bars upgrading, as far as I know.

UPGRADING...
Though looking at the internet, there does seem a market for upgrading if you just google ' Ecosport anti Roll Bars and rear sway bars upgrading' so some owners must do it. Good luck.

Example, with information....
https://ultraracingshop.com/products...smart_campaign
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-19, 06:36 AM

Whilst the front anti roll bar no doubt can be uprated, this question came up regarding the Honda Jazz. IF my memory serves me correctly altering the rear suspension was not recommended unless for racing. In which case the manufacturers axle would be replaced. The reason being that the rear suspension was a welded section torsion axle beam ( probably got the phrases wrong) Basically the Ecosport as in many cheaper? vehicles has a rear axle that is shaped like a U box section and is meant to twist within certain parameters. If modifications are carried out there is the risk of the unit failing. Unlike vehicles with proper IRS or trailing link where each wheel can move independently.
It seems this type of axle is put on cars as a compromise. In fact in the Honda hand book it went to great lengths to make sure the rear wheels were jacked up in a certain way to avoid problems. Perhaps Fords aren't so vulnerable.

No doubt there is someone more knowledgeable than I that would disagree.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-19, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Colin, yes I did trawl through the web myself before posting, I'd rather buy quality and something that fits, hence trying to find any like minded fools who don't own a Honda Jazz that have done this already 😉
Cheers mate
Clive
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-19, 06:44 AM

Merely suggesting you tread carefully. He who messes with what can be his undoing is perhaps the fool.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-19, 07:00 AM

Carid seem to list parts but ouch for prices.
Found this which appears to have some form of backing from Ford and appears to be for English market not good at links so its the long way
https://ford.7zap.com/en/car/181/no/0/2795/20867/94028 listed as rear knuckle and suspension arms Ford Ecosport. Whether or not it is what you are looking for I know not.
Could not find much else other than uprated shock absorbers.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-19, 07:06 AM

Garage
If you own a new car it is better not to mess with it, as you could affect the warranty on the car.
It does not take much for the dealership to say, that is no longer covered by warranty.

Once the car is out of warranty, then its up to you, what you want to do with the car regarding modifications.

After saying that, I remember when I bought my first brand new car after many old secondhand cars, it was a Toyota Celica ST MK1, and in the first month of ownership, I cut the metal roof open to fit a rectangular sun roof with hinged glass. Good job it turned out rainproof as I used a tin of Gas Turbine sealant which I got from my work. That stuff sealed anything

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page