Ford Ecosport Forum banner

Radio playing when voice commands on sat nav

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jimbocanary 
#1 ·
How do I get the radio to stop playing when I’m receiving voice commands on my sat nav this is on my 2019 titanium ecosport automatic
Any advice appreciated

#2 · (Edited)
I have the 2019 base Zetec model that has Sync3 display, but do not have the sat nav as its not standard on the Zetec, so cannot really help you, though would like to ask a question...

Does the radio music dull down to a lower sound level when the sat nav commands starts talking?

Many cars do that, my brothers SUV does that, rather than kill off the radio sounds entirely during sat nav talk, which can actually sound worse to the ear, as its a more noticeable interruption.

Also if you turn down the radio music does the sat nav voice level remain the same. Hence the sat nav can be heard over the radio easily? (thats another function on my brothers SUV).

Some other Ecosport owner with Sync3 sat nav will hopefully answer this one soon.

#3 ·
I am sorry if this is painfully obvious BUT have you checked the book? We too have a Titanium Auto but the sat nav etc is a complete no no to this old fool. All I know is there is a lot of bumph on the SYN 3 at the back of the book.

Perhaps as an off spin can any one tell me why I have to update the maps and yet when there are road works it comes up on the screen?.

#4 ·
Perhaps as an off spin can any one tell me why I have to update the maps and yet when there are road works it comes up on the screen?.
Freddy, You are talking about two different things.

1....ROAD MAP UPDATE (once every few years)...Internal map updates are for road changes over the years, so an update is not needed that often, maybe every second year or so. It is usually updated with an SD card plugged in with updated road changes to the map. Usually free when under warranty, and payable after warranty to keep road map updated.

2....NAVIGATION INFORMATION UPDATES (daily)...If you are getting real time roadwork information, as you say, this lets you decide which route to take to avoid, it may even give you an alternative route in real time, as you are connected externally to the information system and getting navigation information updates automatically coming in.

My brothers sat nav even tells you in real time which roads are very busy, and how to avoid them, by re-routing.

#5 ·
I did say I was a dumbcluck when it comes to such things. Last service ( 1st one for the car at the main dealer) I asked if they would update the sat nav. Sharp intake of breath and told it would have to be booked in separately would take TWO hours and I would be charged.They didn't respond when I asked why it could not be done while the service was being sorted? No reply. Incidentally, the nasty clips on the rear parcel shelf broke, whilst they admitted it was a warranty job until Motability chased it was a job to get the parts.

I will speak to Motability before next service, they are quite good at twisting arms.
No the SYNC 3 doesn't show traffic volume.If I engage the Traffic button it does come up with Radio traffic reports but the last time we were in the problem before being told of it. Technology?

On our old Rover it had a system not a sat nav but showed the road you were on and was supposed to tell you of hold ups, experience was that you were in the problem before the system told you. However that was an old.system from about 2000.I think it was called Trafficmaster.

#6 ·
Yeh, trafficmaster was on most motorways and had blue poles with two blue transmitter boxes on top. I used to think they were new types of speed camera's for a while, and slowed down, until I was told they were traffic alerts >:)

I am not a great one for technology and quite happy my new base model Ecosport does not have sat nav. In fact the last time we went through Newcastle on holiday to visit relatives, my nephew was in the back seat directed us through the town using his smart phone with a sat nav app, telling us to go left, right or straight on :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.