2019 Ecosport Anti Hijack , Auto Locking how to activate - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 14-12-19, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

2019 Ecosport Anti Hijack , Auto Locking how to activate

Hi all, I’m a new owner, trying to find out how to set Anti hijack locking any ideas !
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 15-12-19, 10:03 PM

Garage
All doors locked outside using these buttons...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 15-12-19, 10:09 PM

Garage
I personally never use the anti hijack system of locking all doors while driving, as although it does say in the car manual that in an accident situation or air bags going off, it should unlock doors, I just do not trust it, and would want to get out ASAP, either by myself or someone being able to open the door and pull me out.

All I get where I live in Scotland is sheep and deer and pheasants on the road, so not much chance of a hijack, though i can see why some people are worried driving through major cities at night, and stopped at the traffic lights with doors unlocked.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 20-12-19, 10:50 AM

Yesterday, I made my fortnightly 100 mile round trip. The weather was atrocious with the rain so intense the wipers could barely cope. Gale force winds and did the Ecosport worry, not a bit. It actually is a vehicle that gives confidence in cross winds that used to knock previous cars about. The roads were very quiet but nevertheless given the weather the BMW's Audi's etc were being very careful, which is unusual. Wish I hadn't sailed past a speed checker at 74 tho' Blame it on the wind up the rear of the car. PS the rain gauge in the garden has registered 54mm in 48 hrs which even for the Devon/Cornwall border is quite high.

Lets hope every one has an enjoyable Christmas and a Happy New Year.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 20-12-19, 07:56 PM

Garage
Freddy, you should be ok at 74MPH, as maximum allowed is 79 MPH. You hope!

It depends on each Police district, but the 'normal tolerance' is shown below.

PS...Merry Christmas.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 21-12-19, 01:01 AM

I realised my comments re speed and atrocious weather could have given the wrong impression and as such deserved criticism. I have done the trip for at least the past 10 yrs. The speed van was parked in its favourite place,on a long down hill run to the west of Bodmin. At the time it was raining, not heavily and the wipers were running at normal speed. Personally I do not like sitting behind lorries when it is raining due to the amount of spray they create. Since lorries speed has been allowed to be increased, it is very difficult to overtake without exceeding the speed limit. This piece of road has just had it's drains upgraded and been resurfaced. Traffic was keeping good distances except the lorries which usually travel in groups very close together.We usually stop at the McDonalds at Fraddon for coffee. As we approached the long climb past the Newquay junction at Indian Queens the rain started in ernest. When we got to the coffee stop it was almost like a monsoon. We came out some half hour later and got soaked just getting to the car. From McDonalds I use a B road and that was almost impassable and it was here that the wipers could hardly cope and 35mph was plenty fast enough. The rain was newsworthy enough that a few miles further west that Hayle was flooded. In the main the A30 is well drained and has a good surface. In fact at the present time the A30 on Bodmin Moor is having it's drains upgraded.
I apologise if I gave the impression of foolhardiness. Thank you ColinJYD for your info re speed cameras but nevertheless it is still not advisable to push ones luck and you no doubt experience perhaps even worse rainfall that we do here in the West Country. I expect Hogmanay ( sorry if I have the spelling wrong) is more your time for celebration. Whatever thank you for your input and trust you have a Merry Christmas.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page