ecosport wiring - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-20, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

ecosport wiring

just bought an Ecosport.2017 titanium. unfortunately it doesn't have heated screen. do you guys know if there are spare cable in the harness for these. got a price for the heated glass Ł396. so no doubt it will cost a hundred's or more to connect up. your help will be much appreciated
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-20, 07:09 PM

Garage
Before you consider a heated front screen, note that with some angles of the Sun the thin wires show up inside the windscreen, and can be rather off-putting, as your eyes zero in on them.

I had that on one car (not Ford) and did not like it. Never had it since.

The Ecosport using A/C , firing with vents to windscreen, with recirc on, does the same job and quite quickly.
I use it in winter a lot. Anyway you must use your A/C every week, winter and summer, as if you don't, the seals dry out and gas is lost, then you end up with a re-gassing bill quicker than you thought.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-20, 09:56 AM

We have a 2018 Titanium. Came with the heated screen and steering wheel and seats. It was basically thrown in as it was already fitted.
To be frank I do not like the heated screen, whilst it might help in the winter but when the sun is out you can see the element in the screen. Not helped by the fact it is a sort of castleated form not a straight line wire. A tad disconcerting.

It might be a case of I wear glassses and they are the cause.
At the end of the day it is horses for courses and a matter of personal choice.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-20, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

we had a focus with heated screen and it didn't bother us.my wife uses the car more than me for work,I'm retired.
she get up early for work at 5 am. the poor lass has arthritis in both wrist so just want to make it easier for her.
thanks for the tip Colin.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-20, 07:12 AM

As Colin suggested the heating system is very good and to be frank although we had a few frosts I never used the heated screen. It also might intrude as the screen angle might be different to your Focus.
I have to admit to liking the heated steering wheel as I too have problematic wrists. Probably that would be a very big job unless you can find a s/h wheel.

Whatever enjoy your Ecosport

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page