Rust prevention - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 22-08-19, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Rust prevention

Hi guys
I recently gave my Ecosport a full carbon collective ceramic coating on all parts of the car. I decided to coat the whole underneath of the car to see if it will help protect the car from rust. Has anyone else protected their Ecospors with something similar???
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 23-08-19, 03:59 PM

Garage
Hi Alex and welcome to the forum

Most modern cars do not need any rust protection unless you are going to hang on to the car for a long time, say seven to ten years. I personally had done nothing as I only intend to hold onto my Ecosport for a maximium of three to four years, and trade -in, while it is still worth some money.

I used to use wax impregnation, and also tar based underseal on previous cars to prevent corrosion underneath. Its really only the underneath and sub frames to worry about as most modern cars have good bodywork, assuming no rust trap areas, and are covered by a bodywork guarantee.

According to Ford’s website, comes with a three-year paint surface warranty, while the perforation guarantee, for rust generated from the inside out, is for 12 years. The first cover period is shorter as damage to the paint occurs naturally, due to stone chips and other external factors.

Not to say there can never be bodywork faults on any car, here is an example of an angry Ford owner with a known rust trap area on a Focus....https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/news/1519...er-rusty-focus
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 24-08-19, 05:51 AM

Interesting about the problem of rust on the Focus. If it is an inherent fault and the car is less than 6yrs old, then I would suggest the Consumer Rights Act (CRA) would be a good stick to beat Fords with. As far as I understand it all one has to do is prove it's a known fault and with the Focus owner he has it from a Dealer.
I read yesterday of a person who paid out £1600 in Feb 2017 on a LG OLED TV. It now has developed what is called screen burn, no I no expert but it has a ghost image in a corner of the screen and is a different colour in the centre. He has been quoted £1200 for repairs. He is of course a tad upset but it seems the law allows for a percentage of broken pixels. He has to prove it's an inherent fault. Whereas the Focus owner has the back up of the Ford dealer.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page