Ecosport interior - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-10-19, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Ecosport interior

I own a mk1 Ecosport and what ever possessed Ford yo put a Fiesta dashboard in it ?, a SUV with a trip computer screen the size of a postage stamp with not much information on it, and the small screen sync 1 system, yet on the earlier Focus they put a bigger screen in with sync 2, and a better info system at the front 🤔
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 13-10-19, 08:52 PM

Garage
Hi, I had the previous Ecosport for over three years and was not aware it had the same dash as the modern Fiesta. You learn something new all the time. Mind you I have not been in a Fiesta since my Dad had one, a Fiesta XR2 back in 1985, so i assume the dash had changed somewhat, since then

I would say that Ford make use of same dashes and parts out of the same parts bins in the assembly lines, to save on money. Why redesign if they already have a dash that fits, or they make it fit. Its all down to how much cash to make the car.

I always have a convertible as a weekend fun car, and I owned a Vauxhall Tigra Convertible for over a decade, and its dash was from a Corsa design, again to save money, so many car companies do this. This did not put me off the Tigra, as I thought it was a great car.

its really down to a customer to decide this is the car for them, even if some of it is from another cars design.

PS...As for trip computers, they are well overrated. You can work out your MPG easily with a pen and paper (fuel in verses miles done), everything else like eco rating display or eco score display in cars, is just eye candy, and pretty much meaningless data

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page