Car servicing has now started again(Re: Covid 19) - Ford Ecosport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-07-20, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Car servicing has now started again(Re: Covid 19)

Car servicing has now started again in the UK from last week (Start of July).
If you have a service outstanding at your dealership, they should be in touch or you can get in touch with them.

Most car dealerships have now started Selling, repairing and servicing cars again, though under strict Covid 19 rules.

Be prepared to hand sanitise, go round in a maze of directional arrows in the showroom, and even wearing a mask in Scotland (indoor shops mandatory mask wearing from 10th July).

I took my wifes smart car in for servicing yesterday, and strict distancing 2M rules applied, even had a transparent screen between me and the service person. Only problem I had at the end was that they were going to email my service details to my computer at home as standard, and not give me a paper transaction as I usually get. But i insisted for both email and paper transaction, as I do not have a printer at home.

I like to retain paper prints of servicing for all our cars, as Smart (and most other car makes nowadays) has computerised service records and therefore you do not have a service logbook. So I keep paper records of all servicing done, and use that as a service logbook, as getting to your electronic service record is sometimes difficult to access, depending on what car make.

Last edited by colinJYD; 08-07-20 at 07:12 AM.
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-07-20, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I forgot to say that your service will guarantee another 12 months of warranty from the service date, so instead of three years warranty, my wifes car now gets three years and three months total warranty instead of three years, due to this Covid 19 situation of not being able to get a service this last three months.

Also as in the case of Smart, she also continues with free Mercedes/Smart car breakdown coverage while under warranty.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page