Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. Just want to know what fuel economy figures you get. My wife gets about 6L/100KM in town and I get about 5 - 5.5L/100KM. I am happy with that. On the open road it is not so good. It actually gets worse: @ 120 Km/h = about 6.2L/100km. Driving to work: Constant 100km/h (1/2), 80km/h (1/2) and a small bit of 120km/h = 5.8L/100KM. I get nowhere near the "specs" of 4.6 combined. It is just strange that driving a constant 120km/h is giving me worse than driving in town?
(Sorry for the L/100km units and not MPG, but I see there are also some folks from South Africa on the forum)
Edited by: jd.vdm

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi fords official MPG for the 1.5 TDCi are way off real world driving., around town I'm getting 45mpg and on a long motorway 52mpg-however I have found some improvement on MPG, by buying shell's V power diesel (all be it more to pay at the pumps)also finding engine warms up quicker and sounds sweeter and runs smoother.

·
Registered
56 Posts
HiI am currently getting 56mpg, calculated with a spreadsheet I have been keeping, after just filling up with diesel. However. The cars computer tells me I am getting 53.5mpg. This is general highway driving, on 20-30 mile journies.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im getting around 55 mpg from mine, happy with that as thats what i was getting fron a 1.4 tdci fiesta.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi.. thanks fot l/100km.... I get same figures you qouted. Find that long distance open road driving require a reduction in speed to between 100 and 110 km per hour to obtain figures below 6l per 100km

1 - 7 of 7 Posts