Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum but happy owner of a 2019 EcoSport SE 2.0L 4cyl 4x4.
I unfortunately have a great distaste for the Radio Interface/Entire Head Unit! I have crawled to all ends of the internet in search of a possiblity of getting a dash install kit or relocation kit to accommodate a double din or something other than the oem radio. I've always been a huge SPL enthusiast and basshead so no matter what vehicle I got I instantly ripped out the radio and installed my own aftermarket. This being said I have quite the system setup but foiled by this head unit everything to the wiring and all it's software limitations. Any help or possible leads would be much appreciated but I'm afraid I'm going to have to start looking into custom fiberglass dash or 3d print a trim of my own and completely gut the factory components and engineer from scratch......

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum :D

Look on the web for (2017 0nwards) face-lift Ecosport alternative head units, seems to be far more alternatives for the pre-lift Ecosport (2017 and pre-2017) as that car has been out far longer.

Found these websites that seem to do a 2019 alternative head unit. I am not well up on specs for head units, so you will have to figure out what is the best alternatives, or search the web for others....Good luck.

Also ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its definitely a better option than buying an oem from ford for $700.00 USD fyi the premise of this also is because the video connector snapped off the motherboard when i was popping trim panels to access speaker outputs for a line output converter.... but i think i have found a solution but these are quite tempting especially since its android but only if they were not so dumbed down looking maybe flash them to marshmello? im sure xda forums would have an answer ..... (((pondering Intensifies))))

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Programming at the dealer required lol nah im good thats expensive and bunch of bs 3.4 is better anyways rather than pay a certified ford tech to just put 3.0 on it just do it myself!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts