Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Just curious as to other peoples mpg figures for their 1L ecoboost engine in their ecosport, if anyone would like to share? Thanks :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
We're getting about 40mpg around town with up to 50mpg on a steady run.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just completed 1,000 miles and with local journeys and a 500 mile round trip can only manage 39.5. And I try to treat the accelerator like glass!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi everyone! Glad to know its not my driving keeping the mpg down! Just completed first 3000 miles and have had to work hard to get up to 41mpg. Not sure what you have to do to get the 53 quoted (although with the recent weather I guess you could always float). Still loving the car though, no other issues so far, and as fuel economy is similar to my old car and not one of the main reasons I chose the ES, I am still a happy girl. On to the next 3000 miles :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi my mpg seems pretty poor ,only had it a couple of week prob mid 30s ,must have to drive like driving miss daisy to get in the 50s ! like the car but not the mpg !

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just been reading this thread and after covering 1500 ml now I,m disappointed at only getting an average of 33.7 mpg. This is at least 3-4 mpg less than our 1.2 Fiesta.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just clocked 9200 miles and my mpg is running at an average of 43.6, but it is gradually increasing all the time. Maybe it will be up to the quoted 53mpg when the car reaches the end of its life!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Slightly different as mine is diesel that has also had engine ecu reprogrammed but I have found if I use shell or bp I get about 52 mpg no matter what to from work shops etc or long run no difference, how ever if I use fill up at Tesco or sainsburys I seem to only get about 47 mpg so it appears what I save in cost I lose in mpg, I now use shell most of time as car is also smother when full of shell not Tesco fuel

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just looked at the other cars in the family all Fiesta's. Was a little surprised at the figures a got.
Ecosport 1.0 ecoboost 33.7 mpg.
Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost 35.6 mpg.
Fiesta 1.2 34.5mpg.
Fiesta 1.6 Zetec S. 37mpg.
All doing very similar journeys, and the Zetec S and the 1.2 both got figures in the 40s on long motorway trips where as the ecoboost engines don't seem to change very much.
All said I would still want an ecosport.

·
Registered
4 Posts
mixed results re fuel economy.

Well, I am down in Nerja, Spain after driving down!

From home ( in the North) to Portsmouth (297 miles) 47.5mpg.

From santander to Valladolid ( 160 miles ) 40.3mpg.

From Valladolid to Nerja ( 446 miles ) 41.7mpg.

Now in Spain, all quiet motorways, I set the cruise control at 75mph
( 120kph legal limit ) and drove for hour after hour without change, so that explains the 41.7 and 40.3mpg.

Perhaps setting at 65/70mph I would have got the UK figures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
FUEL ECONOMY UPDATE!!

Ecoboost 1.0 titanium

Just got back from Spain!

Coming back from Nerja I set cruise control at 70mph ( around 3000rpm)

Got an average of 49.2mpg from Nerja to Santander.

From Portsmouth to home in Bridlington, a night drive done in 5hrs I got 42mpg as I was averaging 75mph.

SO going at 70, rather than 75/80 I got alot more realistic consumption based on Ford,s quotes!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Done about 3000 miles now 1 ltr ES average 38mpg so looking at others it fits, take it easy on a run high 40's fast motor way low 40's around town mid 30's not bad for a tuned petrol car that likes to be driven.:nerd:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Haven't driven the car for a while but just looked at the mpg and still only getting 34 mpg but checked the average speed and that's down to just 24 mph so all things considered that's don't think that's to bad really.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts