Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One year 5500 miles 38 MPG no problems so happy overall.

I like the 120 BHP 1 ltr engine pulls well nice to have the 140 BHP just to give that bit more acceleration but a lot of torque from a small petrol engine.
Like the driving position, like the overall package and the deal from Ford the build quality also has held up.

Don't like the fussy dash could be better, the ride with two people in the car is ok with just the driver it is not so good, but with four people on board its terrible worst riding car I have been in even my old Land Rover was better.

How do others rate there ES?.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just coming up to a year with ours, actually goes in for its service on Tuesday.
Done about the same mileage as well with the ecoboost engine getting 36 mpg from ours put Monday to Friday is only short journeys. Do really like the car think the ride is better with more than just the driver and feels ok with four or five. No issues with build quality think the dash layout is ok but used to a fiesta so not much difference. All in think the car was good value.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Well had two years with the original model and loved it.
Had the 1.5 petrol engine and got avg 33mpg, Maj my city driving.
Our new 1.0 Ecoboost is even better, so much more fun to drive than the 1.5.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well had two years with the original model and loved it.
Had the 1.5 petrol engine and got avg 33mpg, Maj my city driving.
Our new 1.0 Ecoboost is even better, so much more fun to drive than the 1.5.
How do you find the build quality between the older model and your new ES?. The new model has the lower ride height how do they compare regards ride quality not handling?.

·
Registered
289 Posts
How do you find the build quality between the older model and your new ES?. The new model has the lower ride height how do they compare regards ride quality not handling?.
General build quality is pretty much the same, just nice to have it slightly upgraded - Winter pack, colour screen etc.

The main difference I have noticed with the handling is slightly stiffer suspension, noticed it on speed bumps. Seems less roll on corners, but other than that pretty similar. I would say a better drive though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts