Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2018 125 ST line 3 weeks now and managed to put 1000 miles on it. but noticed the following issues

I have a really annoying brake squeel coming from the rear everytime a gently break. If i break hard the squeel stops.

I also have an even more irritating squeak coming from somewhere in tbe back it happens if i go over uneven roads rather than bumps. Uts really high pitched and can hear it even with the radio on.

Finally sometimes not always when i go to start the car i get a low fuel warning and the fuel light comes on even when theres plenty of fuel in the car.

Anyone else had these or other issues they want to share?

Cheers

Gav

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hi Gavlar77, it looks like its a case of taking the car back to the dealership under warranty.

Break squeal will be either the pads (not bedded right) or shims (not fitted right)
If break pads or drums are wet you sometimes get squeals till brakes dried out after a few miles.
if still occuring after a few miles, then there is a fault.
On drum brakes usually the leading edge of the braking material needs to be chamfered, to stop squealing.

Squeal in cabin could be anything from suspension noise to seats or trim squeaking, so needs dealership investigation.

Fuel warning error is usually down to fuel tank float sensor or wiring to it, again dealership.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Colin,

Rang the dealer and its going in Thursday for investigation. Will let you you know the outcome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts