Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I may be ordering the new 2018 1.0L 1.25bhp. Can anyone suggest an emergency spare wheel, tyre, and Jack that I can just chuck in the boot, I think it comes with 17inch wheels as it's the titanium version. I ask this as every car I have had in the last 10 years I have to change the wheel due to tyre damage beyond repair with a slime kit. The dealer wants over £400 for a full size alloy. I just want something to get me going again.
Ta Billy

·
Registered
816 Posts
Welcome to the forum :D

The dealers £400 kit comes with full sized alloy, rear door fitting and colour co-ordinated plastic cover, so it may seem dear but there is a lot too it. I got this as an cost extra (at £300 in 2016 spec).

As for a spare you can get them on ebay, there is a spacesaver version 15" going for £32.99, as long as the 4 hole pitch is right? send an email to seller the pitch distance and confirm. i do not see it being different from a 2017 model, but worth checking.

As for rolling radius of spare, you can use a smaller diameter wheel, as long as you stick to 40 MPH or under, and that you only use it to get you either home or the garage.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...+tyre.TRS0&_nkw=ecos[port+spare+tyre&_sacat=0

PS.....get a good extending arm brace, about £7 to £10 out of car parts shop
and get a 2 ton capacity sissors jack, decent make is just under £20.
Couple of triangular folding metal wheel chocks out of Halfords, £5.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Colin, I'm only looking for an emergency wheel I just chuck in the boot with a Jack and wheel brace. Don't fancy it on the back door as there is camera just above the number plate. Thanks for the info on the pitch though I will check this out.
Billy

·
Registered
816 Posts
No problem Billy.

In the configuration guide, you can either have a rear view camera option or a spare wheel on the back option, as the two would collide.

Some like myself have the full sized alloy spare and plastic cover on the back, and so have to find a different camera location (likely the numberplate area), if we want to fit an aftermarket rear view camera. I have not fitted one (yet), Cheers Colin.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Any Fiesta 17" rim with correct tyre will fit or 16" Fiesta rim with correct od and section tyre to match.

The PCD of the wheel studs and off set of the wheels are all very close.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts