Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have a 2017 ecosport automatic and done 15000 miles, the car has become very hard to accelerate when pushed uphill or to accelerate fast,main dealer says no fault, any ideas ?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hi and welcome :D

Is your Ecosport a pre-facelift or facelift as the autoboxes are different? Engine and model?
There are many reasons for lack of acceleration, did you or Ford first check for any fault codes using OBII reader.
That would help narrow down the problem.

Try googling 'Ford ecosport auto acceleration problems', and many questions and answers come up. Far too many.

I only drive manual boxes as they are less complicated, but there may be an autobox owner along in a minute to help, que - Freddy ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Thanks for your reply, my Ecosport is pre face lift, and i have had slight juddering but again main dealer said all was ok, i am at present going through the routine of changing all filters and engine oil change, have put redex in fuel and going to put BP top grade petrol in next. Was looking at changing next year and look for an ST line auto low mileage ecosport 1.0 turbo, but now wondering is this is the right move.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Depends what your looking for in a Facelift Ecosport, new, nearly new or used. Re, your budget.
This years model 2020 you can now get two tone paint, ie, roof is a different colour. Looks real good.

Most of us have moved onto a 1.0 turbo petrol, I have. I used to have the now discontinued 1.5 petrol pre-facelift ecosport. No way would I go for a EU6 emissions diesel nowadays as its so complicated with adblue and burn cycles via a DPF filter. Just going to be full of faults and problems years down the line.

I bought my 1.0 turbo base model in 2019, ex-demonstrator with low mileage, to meet my budget.
Very pleased with it, was like new. Dealerships usually keep a few demonstrators, and they come up occasionally for sale.

Downside of base model..
No roof rails as standard (though can be bolted on)
No sat nav and a few other Sync 3 functions on screen missing.

Upside of base model...
Has the old key turn start, I like that. (all other higher models push button start)
Has remote key fob open and close. I like that. (most other highers models have keyless system for the doors)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts