Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all from sunny Spain, also first post.
I am just about to take delivery of a new Titanium +(different model designations here in Spain) 125 petrol in Champagne.
I have been on Fordetis and got a list of what it should consist of for my vin No.
I also got a list for one of the showroom Ecosports same model as mine except mine is Euro 6.2 and the showroom vehicle is Euro 6.0.
The only difference in specs content from Fordetis is that my Euro6.2 is not fitted with the Active Grill Shutters whereas the Euro 6.0 vehicle is fitted with Active Grill Shutters.
Has anyone on the forums had any experience with the said AGS's?? do they really make any difference to fuel consumption??
Anyone care to comment as to whether it would be worthwhile having them retrofitted.
Thanks in anticipation
ou toppie:confused:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum :D

This active grille shutter is a relatively new idea going into production cars now, by using an electrical stepper motor to close off part or nearly all of the grill to make the car more aerodynamic. As the car speeds up the grill shutters start rotating, Problems I see with it in the future is dirt clogging the system up, making the rotating parts stick. Another gimmick to break down >:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts