Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased new ecosport 1.5 titanium diesel 2016,3 months old.
With air con on after 45kms, the side of the gear column gets very hot.
Dealer told me the first time it was the plastic covering.and was normal.
Now he is saying it is a design fault and no part from ford to solve it.
I love the car,but this is getting me down,can anybody help,please.:crying:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Have a search on here, I am sure someone else has commented on the heat being generated. I can't remember what the resolution was.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased new ecosport 1.5 titanium diesel 2016,3 months old.
With air con on after 45kms, the side of the gear column gets very hot.
Dealer told me the first time it was the plastic covering.and was normal.
Now he is saying it is a design fault and no part from ford to solve it.
I love the car,but this is getting me down,can anybody help,please.:crying:
Nah mate that can not be the design fault, your dealer really has screwed you up. The plastic covering should keep the temperature inside and not let it out, maybe your model was a little broke. My friend had the same issue, thinking it was an unsolvable situation, but there were many solutions behind that. I was looking around to help him fix this problem as I saw him struggling so hard and luckily I came across guys from socool.sg that came at his place and fixed what needed to be fixed. He is thanking me for that untill now lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nah mate that can not be the design fault, your dealer really has screwed you up. The plastic covering should keep the temperature inside and not let it out, maybe your model was a little broke. My friend had the same issue, thinking it was an unsolvable situation, but there were many solutions behind that. I was looking around to help him fix this problem as I saw him struggling so hard and luckily I came across guys from socool.sg that came at his place and fixed what needed to be fixed. He is thanking me for that untill now lol.

Its good to check when getting a new unit, to make sure everythings working fine. Even then, maintainence can be an issue. Good aircon servicing will be transparent with you, while providing professional help. Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its good to check when getting a new unit, to make sure everythings working fine. Even then, maintainence can be an issue. Good aircon servicing will be transparent with you, while providing professional help. Cheers!
The heat has been really bad for me too. My aircon broke more than once, and i couldnt stand it anymore. My friends introduced me to a professional aircon service that has really been helpful in beating the heat! They do cleaning and mess-free installation.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I see you lot are quoting from Singapore where it is lovely and hot.
You are wasting your time spamming here, as we have no Singapore owners.

No wonder, as the price of road tax in the small island of Singapore, is extortionate, so cars are only for the mega rich there. Also the new car prices are hiked up 40% to put people there off, and take the mass transit systems instead.

I was there four years in Singapore and loved it, well except for the monsoon season, where you used to see Mercedes taxis falling down into and floating along the massive monsoon drains in Orchard road, and occupants trying to scramble out the windows or sunroofs, what a laugh!

Wish i could have stayed longer, but now, I am back here in the UK, it is Winter and ****** freezing :D

·
Registered
857 Posts
Got that sinking feeling?.... happens a lot in the Far East during the monsoon season.

Many do not see the monsoon drain as the whole road is flooded, and the drain is hidden, except for faster flowing currents.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts